• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So who is our QB next year?

CarolinaRideorDie

3 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

JJ can develop on the bench. If Darnold gets them to the playoffs you stick with that QB. I can see if Darnold was a old aging QB. He's still very much in his prime years at QB. 

Only way I see they move on is if they don't make the playoffs.

Darnold has 10 years of prime left and that’s the issue. If he can play this well and sustain it, you get rid of one of them and the sooner the better for the Vikings, honestly. I despise them for being so good at QB right now. 

The coach/gm relationship structure will always be #1. Their system must allow for an average starting QB & mid defender (ILB or S) of a mature age to quickly establish contending playoff team.

I'd establish a farm system of 28+ vet QBs. Always have 2 on the roster. Then let Canales choose a young QB to develop for his system with a potential starting age of 25. Add a 4th QB into the mix as a day 3 or undrafted development QB who is 26 to 29. Never draft a QB in the 1st round unless they meet all starting QB criteria and come from a professional sports family with a proven championship mentality.