• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So who is our QB next year?

If Darnold takes the Vikings to the playoffs, MN will do all that they can to resign him regardless of having JJ McCarthy waiting in the wings. If I was Darnold and had success with MN I would resign with them too. Who wouldn't want to throw to the best WR in the game and make their life easier? 

• Pie 1

And odds are they draft a QB in the first round, especially if the Panthers have a high draft pick. Odds are Ewers or Ward. I can't see a team attempting to build a culture would even look at Sanders. He learned too well from his dad and is all about himself while bringing a circus with him. Plus, he's not nearly as good as his fanboys want to make out.

• Pie 1

16 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Andy again, if he keeps this up--there will be a QB drafted at some point--in 2025.  I am starting to like the 2025 QB draft--I see 5 who might go first round and a few more that are long shots.  I think (for now) Sanders and Ward are likely to be the top 2, followed by Ewers and Beck--Of those, I would take Ward.  The next group, however, could be in play if we go with Dalton for one more season--too early to say now, but HYPOTHETICALLY: 

Jaxon Dart is my favorite developmental QB, Dart has played Wake, Ga Southern, Middle Tennessee St. and Furman. take a look at the completion percentages:  image.thumb.png.1c752851f4fc36560f80c1894d8731e5.png

I am an Ole Miss graduate and fan.  I agree with what you are saying, however, keep in mind. These are not high caliper teams that Ole Miss has played.

they will test will come when Ole Miss starts playing SEC teams later this season. That being said, I think Jackson dart will be a good NFL quarterback.

17 hours ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

I agree and this is totally on point. 

Doubt the performance we saw today will be the weekly norm but we do know he is capable which is a 180 degree change from what we are familiar with.  

I don't think that Dalton will come with much added cost. What does a 38 year old QB go for? If he can show he can do it for a full season, maybe you sign him to a Baker Mayfield style deal? I don't know if Andy could get the Panthers to a Super Bowl, but if he came back on a team friendly deal, and Morgan builds the defense out while adding a few offensive pieces, I don't see why not.

We have a Super Bowl capable offensive line right now. As bad as Ickey is, you can work around a single weak link on the line. Cam proved you can get there with bottom of the barrel receivers, and I think Legette and Mingo will turn out to be good picks, especially paired with Johnson. 

I have no clue. Would love to see Andy keep this up. People are still disrespecting us so I hope they’re still taking that seriously.  Time to bully the crap out of the Bengals. Andy’s revenge game.

If he can make noise, let’s see what shakes out the rest of the season - maybe we land a new rookie or young backup behind him.

Bryce is out IMO. We’ll continue to be cordial and nice to him from a PR perspective, but he’s out 

16 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Darnold is still pretty young. He's most likely staying in Minny long-term with a new contract. He's not a option at all for us.

Vikings just drafted JJ. They aren't cutting JJ or trading him to sign Darnold, considering the upside that JJ has. Both guys could be really good, but they will go with JJ if they can get 90% of the production of Sam just because of the cap hit.

I think we could make a run at Darnold. He's not going to get a massive contract after one good year Vikings. He could possibly receive a Daniel Jones or Baker Mayfield style contract, or he may bet on himself and play the same way again next year.

Personally, I'd say you make a run for Darnold, bring back Diontae, let Chubba go (unfortunately) or Sanders, see if you can either draft a rookie tight end or sign another in Free Agency to replace Tremble, and assess receivers, then go hard on defensive line. 

Obviously it's one game, but I don't think the Panthers are as far off as people thought they were on Saturday. 

Just now, CPcavedweller said:

Vikings just drafted JJ. They aren't cutting JJ or trading him to sign Darnold, considering the upside that JJ has. Both guys could be really good, but they will go with JJ if they can get 90% of the production of Sam just because of the cap hit.

I think we could make a run at Darnold. He's not going to get a massive contract after one good year Vikings. He could possibly receive a Daniel Jones or Baker Mayfield style contract, or he may bet on himself and play the same way again next year.

Personally, I'd say you make a run for Darnold, bring back Diontae, let Chubba go (unfortunately) or Sanders, see if you can either draft a rookie tight end or sign another in Free Agency to replace Tremble, and assess receivers, then go hard on defensive line. 

Obviously it's one game, but I don't think the Panthers are as far off as people thought they were on Saturday. 

JJ can develop on the bench. If Darnold gets them to the playoffs you stick with that QB. I can see if Darnold was a old aging QB. He's still very much in his prime years at QB. 

Only way I see they move on is if they don't make the playoffs.