• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So who is our QB next year?

1 hour ago, Kentucky Panther said:

At this point keep Andy for a couple years and build the rest of the team. Let Dave pick a rookie in the next couple of drafts that he likes and can develop 

If he comes at the right price, why not keep him around while the rest of the team is being built? Make this a good place for a rookie QB to even be able to develop at all. Or make it an attractive option for a FA QB. 

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I think with a limited timeline with Dalton you need to have somebody in the on deck circle that is being developed.  So draft someone, sign dalton for a couple of years let the guy sit and move forward that way

That should have happened last season. But they got the rookie wrong and Fitterer and or Tepper would not let Young sit for a year. They are now a year behind in developing a rookie because they don't have one yet.

• Pie 3

13 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

If a blue chip defensive player is available...I think you go that route. If not, I'm not opposed to drafting a QB who can sit and learn. I actually like it a lot unless you want to draft another receiver but i dont want to do that early. We aren't gonna be bad enough to get golden boy manning in 26. Sorry people. 

The crazy thing is now that we know we can win some games, we have no earthly clue what our draft position is going to be. I agree we likely wont be bad enough to get ARCH in 2026 unless somehow Bryce starts the entire season lol.

If we are going to resign Dalton, it'll be 1-2 years at most. He is turning 37 next month, I don't know any QB that played well into their late 30's outside of Rodgers and Brady. I think we need to find our developmental QB this upcoming off season, waiting for the 2026 QB class and have him sit one year is asking Dalton to play 2-3 more years. 

Another interesting option is Fields or Wilson as bridge QBs for next year. Sign one of them to a 2-3 yr contract, build the team up, develop a QB. I think we need to follow Packer's QB plan. Jordan Love was super raw and he sat for a while and he looks to be their QB long term. 

Use that kind of OL if you have it. They are just getting started together too, but that can best protect the older guys back there and let them play.

Dalton has done it before. A little. He doesn't have a problem thinking because he sees and reacts to stuff that eventually is relatable to something he has done.

(meaning if it confuses him initially, he will probably be able to say... I see what they are doing, it's like when I played against so and so. I think he said something like that)

He has the tools, and can just play. He is going to have an off day but mostly what we saw is what he is.

The run he made for a 1st that got called back, he shouldn't be doing that much.  

Edited by strato