• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will the national media admit they were wrong?

Dorian Gray

Looks like they're doubling down. Now it's considered an organizational failure that we ever started BY over Dalton. And he needs to go somewhere else and flourish. 

Can never look to the national media for an educated take on the Panthers. They don't watch our games. 

Edited by djp14
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, Hoenheim said:

They've been talking about Ravens vs Cowboys like 90% of the morning. Ridiculous

Has to be for ratings 

They do this because the most popular team in terms of fans is Dallas.  Purely ratings and money

26 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

That being said, the Panthers organization is still a fugging trainwreck with Tepper at the controls

You also have to separate past decisions from the current regime.  I dont' see how anything that Morgan and Canales did since taking over is a trainwreck.  Yes, Tepper is still there but we have to let it play out before passing judgment.   

What I saw from Canales this past week is leadership and coaching excellence.  That victory yesterday went a long way to establish his credibility, let's hope they can keep it going.  I'm still not expecting a winning season, not enough talent on the roster for that, but they will hopefully look like a respectable football team and a respectable organization. 

• Pie 2

42 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

GMFB was giving Canales a little love this morning. 

They seem much more measured in their analysis and coverage. I could have missed it but most of the offensive apology worthy stuff was elsewhere.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, strato said:

They seem much more measured in their analysis and coverage. I could have missed it but most of the offensive apology worthy stuff was elsewhere.

Yes, it's light on acknowledgement of the difference in performance of the offense. But if the team keeps it up it will be hard for everyone to ignore. I get it, it's one good game out of many, many bad games. I'll take it myself. I know Andy has a pitch count and this will not last all season.  But let's ride it as long as it lasts.

• Pie 1

36 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

They literally spend hours talking about Cowboys.  They might mention as for like 60 seconds or less If we're lucky on first take 

I pretty much stopped watching ESPN as they pick 1 or 2 teams in each sport and focus on those teams to the exclusion of everything else

23 minutes ago, NAS said:

You also have to separate past decisions from the current regime.  I dont' see how anything that Morgan and Canales did since taking over is a trainwreck.  Yes, Tepper is still there but we have to let it play out before passing judgment.   

What I saw from Canales this past week is leadership and coaching excellence.  That victory yesterday went a long way to establish his credibility, let's hope they can keep it going.  I'm still not expecting a winning season, not enough talent on the roster for that, but they will hopefully look like a respectable football team and a respectable organization. 

Been thinking I am seeing it and am glad he confirmed. I liked him right off, as a football guy, and knew what a huge job he was undertaking. Decided to give him a season pass. He is going to have hiccups in the mechanics of gameday and we just have to take the hit. It's gonna happen, no matter how great yesterday went. 

I am gonna say they did get to evaluate the roster just fine with their preseason approach. Bryce is worthless, all the reps in the world wouldn't have made him magically be what he isn't. And Andy doesn't look like he needed it. 

I think they found some guys. Maybe they would have been fooled without a better tryout policy. Do it in a game. 

6 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Yes, it's light on acknowledgement of the difference in performance of the offense. But if the team keeps it up it will be hard for everyone to ignore. I get it, it's one good game out of many, many bad games. I'll take it myself. I know Andy has a pitch count and this will not last all season.  But let's ride it as long as it lasts.

I think Dalton is Player of the Week so far.