• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce can’t be on the team this time next week.

He seems to be a well-liked, humble locker-room presence. If he's not a problem, what's the need to evict immediately?

Why not let him develop under Canales without the pressure of being the figurehead. He was benched because he wasn't performing baseline NFL QB tasks. Pre-snap he was seeing ghosts and post-snap not even bothering with progressions. Even when "creating" outside the pocket, he failed to execute baseline NFL throws. The kid looked rattled. It's a combination of the actual hits, the media hits and his own personal frustration with failure.

That said, the narrative  that he doesn't have the physical talent to play in the NFL is incomplete. Yes, he lacks physical talent when compared to the elite of the elite, but his size and arm strength are not reasons he can never be successful in the NFL. They just can't bail him out.

The problem has been the lack of decisiveness. That's why you see him drifting backwards on his tip toes, constantly re-setting his feet rather than taking a conventional drop. You're never gonna get the velocity when constantly throwing off your back foot. The  mediocrity of his physical talent only compounds the issue.

We gain very little by getting rid of him, especially in comparison to what we paid. His value will never be lower. Maybe some time out of the spotlight will help upgrade the Pentium Pro to at least a Sky Lake. Matt Cassell went for a 34th overall pick. Sam Darnold just threw 4 touchdowns in Minny for a 3-0 team. Hell, the 36 Y.O. Red Rifle has the media in a tizzy trying to learn the names of Panther's players to explain why the Raiders got molly-whopped.

Maybe Canales is a QB whisperer. Maybe he can turn BY into an asset of greater value. We've already paid the cost.

Edited by Jacabee
  • Pie 3

Even if Andy falls back down to Earth , or gets Injured Bryce is not a reliable back-up, we would be better off letting Chubba take the snaps and run wildcat than letting Bryce back onto the field 

We need to just cut our losses and cut him, he is one player I am 99% sure will not make any other roster, what we gave up for him is lost , he has 0 trade value

Just cut him and sign another veteran back-up to Dalton , that is the best path forward 

• Pie 2

11 hours ago, CRA said:

He most likely will be. 

also, as fun as this is, Dalton is getting a huge aid for this O being a 180 from all the film on the Panthers.  This isn’t what the rest of the season will look like.  

it’s like Cam’s return. Reality came quick after that epic game 

".... I'm BAAAAAAACK....."  We all remember that game..... and what followed.  

4 hours ago, Jacabee said:

He seems to be a well-liked, humble locker-room presence. If he's not a problem, what's the need to evict immediately?

Why not let him develop under Canales without the pressure of being the figurehead. He was benched because he wasn't performing baseline NFL QB tasks. Pre-snap he was seeing ghosts and post-snap not even bothering with progressions. Even when "creating" outside the pocket, he failed to execute baseline NFL throws. The kid looked rattled. It's a combination of the actual hits, the media hits and his own personal frustration with failure.

That said, the narrative  that he doesn't have the physical talent to play in the NFL is incomplete. Yes, he lacks physical talent when compared to the elite of the elite, but his size and arm strength are not reasons he can never be successful in the NFL. They just can't bail him out.

The problem has been the lack of decisiveness. That's why you see him drifting backwards on his tip toes, constantly re-setting his feet rather than taking a conventional drop. You're never gonna get the velocity when constantly throwing off your back foot. The  mediocrity of his physical talent only compounds the issue.

We gain very little by getting rid of him, especially in comparison to what we paid. His value will never be lower. Maybe some time out of the spotlight will help upgrade the Pentium Pro to at least a Sky Lake. Matt Cassell went for a 34th overall pick. Sam Darnold just threw 4 touchdowns in Minny for a 3-0 team. Hell, the 36 Y.O. Red Rifle has the media in a tizzy trying to learn the names of Panther's players to explain why the Raiders got molly-whopped.

Maybe Canales is a QB whisperer. Maybe he can turn BY into an asset of greater value. We've already paid the cost.

Way too many words lol..He's just not good

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, Loyalty4Life said:

I've heard rumors that people can improve over time.

I remember when Chubba was a JAG.  I remember when Derrick Brown was a bust.  Icky was a borderline bust last year.  Wasted a pick on Horn.  Legette was a wasted pick.  Brooks was a dumb pick.  

Damian Lewis got injured today and Zavala replace him for a lot of the 2nd half.  Zavala looked as bad as an rookie offensive linemen could look last year.

Guys don't get drafted high who don't have skills and abilities.  Bryce is still a great prospect and it would be stupid to cut him now.  Canales thinks he can still develop him and I do to.  You teach young, inexperienced players how to improve, especially when your new coach preaches development.

No one disagrees that the kid is a great team mate.  As difficult as it is to find a QB I want to give any one of them Canales believes in as many chances as possible to develop. 

Brees was benched in his 2nd year.  Steve Young started out 3-16 and got traded before his 3rd year to SF.  I heard he eventually did good.

I'm not saying Bryce is going to turn out like those two but he could.  IMHO I saw plenty of flashes last year to warrant him being on the team.  Some guys need to sit and learn, probably more so after the cluster that was all of last year.  I think everyone agrees that Bryce looked worse in the first 2 games than he did last year.  Everything points to a guy who is shellshocked.

Quit taking Twitter rumors as facts or just be ok with saying, "I don't know" when it comes to Bryce's future potential.

fuging a dude just stop.  Its fuging over.  Just let go dude, let it go

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

Even if Andy falls back down to Earth , or gets Injured Bryce is not a reliable back-up, we would be better off letting Chubba take the snaps and run wildcat than letting Bryce back onto the field 

We need to just cut our losses and cut him, he is one player I am 99% sure will not make any other roster, what we gave up for him is lost , he has 0 trade value

Just cut him and sign another veteran back-up to Dalton , that is the best path forward 

yeah imagine spending all that draft capital on a #1 overall that cant even be a competent backup. If Dalton gets hurt and we send someone else out there, think of how much worse that would look to everyone else.