• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce can’t be on the team this time next week.

5 minutes ago, HPPantherzfan said:

I think this conversation starts to happen now!  Dave proved a point by starting Andy and now the world knows, Bryce has been hurting us.  I got to thinking, all of the talking heads said we had an all star coaching staff last year, were they given a fair shake?  I’m thinking no, they didn’t have the option of benching Mimi mouse.  There were several articles about the play calling changing within the coaching staff.  I think they were just trying to find anything that worked with Bryce at QB!  There wasn’t and the all lost their jobs because of him

Today hurt our trade value but we don't care! Get the bum outta here. That was watchable football finally

• Pie 4

49 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Agree-ish on this

We can do that, but only way to do it is to openly say it’s to prevent him from injury while trying to trade him 

As not even getting a jersey and being bumped down below Plummer without openly saying we’re trading him, would also hurt his trade value as well.

Its just a bad situation all around right now, hopefully someone just makes a dumb offer of like a 2nd for him and we jump all over it

Honestly the reality is nothing will really have any effect on his trade value, not even Dalton playing so well today. No team is trading for Bryce based on anything seen from him since he got to the NFL. They would be trading for his college pedigree and hoping they can be the ones to fix him and get that out of him again. But sure we could leak to the media that we are fielding trade calls.

Honestly I think we could potentially get an early day 3 pick for him just because he was a highly rated college prospect. Josh fuging Rosen fetched a 2nd and 5th and he was definitely as bad as Bryce. Teams will look at a trade like that and not give up that much again but honestly do think some team would pay a 4th or 5th for him, not just a conditional 7th. 2nd not happening. maybe a 3rd if a team is desperate enough, like Miami

42 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

Did anyone ever notice Bryce anywhere near Dalton? He shouldve stuck to him like a shadow learning all he can.

My sources say he was instructed to not let his mojo anywhere near Dalton today. 

1 hour ago, tukafan21 said:

Agree-ish on this

We can do that, but only way to do it is to openly say it’s to prevent him from injury while trying to trade him 

As not even getting a jersey and being bumped down below Plummer without openly saying we’re trading him, would also hurt his trade value as well.

Its just a bad situation all around right now, hopefully someone just makes a dumb offer of like a 2nd for him and we jump all over it

no way anyone is going to offer a2nd for Bryce Young...just saying

2 hours ago, CRA said:

He most likely will be. 

also, as fun as this is, Dalton is getting a huge aid for this O being a 180 from all the film on the Panthers.  This isn’t what the rest of the season will look like.  

it’s like Cam’s return. Reality came quick after that epic game 

Cam wasn’t the starting QB and in the game he did start against the Commanders he didn’t look all that great. 
Andy came in and looked like a good starting QB. 

4 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Cam wasn’t the starting QB and in the game he did start against the Commanders he didn’t look all that great. 
Andy came in and looked like a good starting QB. 

Agreed. That's a terrible comparison.

Look I've been a huge Cam homer before but that Arizona game Cam didn't even do much with his arm it was a show of his still clear physical talent overall. The Miami game that followed was one of the more brutal things I've had to witness as a Panthers fan and slammed the door shut on any doubt about his arm.

Comparing Andy Dalton to that at this point is simply unfair.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 1

3 hours ago, CRA said:

I mean, I said before the game started I expected us to look good.  That’s what new and no film often does.  This O ain’t on film. Canales isn’t running what he did with Bryce just like Frank didn’t.  It all gets expanded.   Dalton fits what Dave wants to do as well.  

It’s the same offense my man.

3 hours ago, electro's horse said:

He’s a massive (very small) distraction,

Fiz still has his fastball 

I agree however about his camp planting stories. Seems like they got in the ear of a lot of national media this week saying 'you can't blame bryce look at the team around him'

Well that team just looked like one of the best offenses in the entire league today. 

Dolphins will never be more desperate than they currently are and Bryce's stock is only going to go down from here. It's a sunk cost. Get what you can from him now and move on 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

Does anyone trade for him though? Look at how Dalton has played with the same group. His presence has elevated everyone, including the defense today. Bryce, to me, is worse than PJ Walker and really doesn’t belong on any NFL roster. 

Another Miami QB just went down, they might just have the right combination of desperation and pride to think they can fix Bryce

I've heard rumors that people can improve over time.

I remember when Chubba was a JAG.  I remember when Derrick Brown was a bust.  Icky was a borderline bust last year.  Wasted a pick on Horn.  Legette was a wasted pick.  Brooks was a dumb pick.  

Damian Lewis got injured today and Zavala replace him for a lot of the 2nd half.  Zavala looked as bad as an rookie offensive linemen could look last year.

Guys don't get drafted high who don't have skills and abilities.  Bryce is still a great prospect and it would be stupid to cut him now.  Canales thinks he can still develop him and I do to.  You teach young, inexperienced players how to improve, especially when your new coach preaches development.

No one disagrees that the kid is a great team mate.  As difficult as it is to find a QB I want to give any one of them Canales believes in as many chances as possible to develop. 

Brees was benched in his 2nd year.  Steve Young started out 3-16 and got traded before his 3rd year to SF.  I heard he eventually did good.

I'm not saying Bryce is going to turn out like those two but he could.  IMHO I saw plenty of flashes last year to warrant him being on the team.  Some guys need to sit and learn, probably more so after the cluster that was all of last year.  I think everyone agrees that Bryce looked worse in the first 2 games than he did last year.  Everything points to a guy who is shellshocked.

Quit taking Twitter rumors as facts or just be ok with saying, "I don't know" when it comes to Bryce's future potential.