• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce can’t be on the team this time next week.

1 hour ago, tukafan21 said:

Actually disagree with the "next week" part of this, but agree if you change that to "after the trade deadline"

His trade value will never be lower than it is this next week (unless he plays again and looks awful).

Dalton looking this good just makes Bryce look even worse, I think all those teams calling about Bryce this past week just lowered their offers for him after watching this one.  Need to wait a bit for Dalton to struggle a game and thus give Bryce a little more leeway in the eyes of other GM's as to him not being the entire problem.

agree with this although I would make him inactive and give Plummer or really anyone else the backup job. I don't ever want to see Bryce throw a pass for us again and Andy probably inevitably will miss some snaps here or there at some point. Bryce can't be the backup if that happens.

• Pie 1

We won with him on the sidelines, so he doesn't hurt anything really by existing over there.

AFAIC he is the fuging mascot from now until it makes financial sense for the team to do whatever. 

Purr Junior sounds good to me. 

• Beer 1

I’m sure a lot of the guys just love being pestered by the media about Bryce while he sits there playing historically awful and making more money than they do and saying “whelp it’s in gods hands” as he goes home afterwards to burn Netflix shows.

Well I guess god showed us lol.

Get what you can for him and call it day

6 minutes ago, t96 said:

agree with this although I would make him inactive and give Plummer or really anyone else the backup job. I don't ever want to see Bryce throw a pass for us again and Andy probably inevitably will miss some snaps here or there at some point. Bryce can't be the backup if that happens.

Agree-ish on this

We can do that, but only way to do it is to openly say it’s to prevent him from injury while trying to trade him 

As not even getting a jersey and being bumped down below Plummer without openly saying we’re trading him, would also hurt his trade value as well.

Its just a bad situation all around right now, hopefully someone just makes a dumb offer of like a 2nd for him and we jump all over it

Just now, Youngs Ten Yard Bombs said:

I’m sure a lot of the guys just love being pestered by the media about Bryce while he sits there playing historically awful and making more money than they do and saying “whelp it’s in gods hands” as he goes home afterwards to burn Netflix shows.

Well I guess god showed us lol.

Get what you can for him and call it day

Respectfully leave God out of this.

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

Nah. I think we’re gonna let him ride the bench and see if he figures it out. 

I despise his play as much as anyone else. But the Panthers invested a lot into him. They have to be 1000% sure he’s got nothing. 

Yeah they are already sure.

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

He will be professional and a team guy like he has been since he got here.  

At this point, I think people have to feel bad for him though. No one is going to be mad at him for simply lacking the ability and experience. Again, we made the mistake of taking a guy who was not a plug and play guy. You don’t trade what we did to get a guy who has to sit for two to three years to learn. 

You may trade up into the 2nd or 3rd round for a dude, or take someone who falls into your lap sort of like the Falcons did with Penix, but you don’t trade players and future picks for someone like Bryce, period. 

The way this whole thing was handled does not scream “GM and Head Coach make decision”. This, to me, seems like a decision someone would make playing Madden because they want someone from their favorite college program. You don’t take the rookie with a 65 rating that you have to build up for seasons and resources, you take the guy with an 80 or 85. 

Some of y'all are a bit weird with your Young hatred. There's some confirmation bias in the attitude comments, because I've yet to see any tangible evidence of him being anything but supportive of Dalton and the team. There's no sense in desperation-trading him for a UFL reject. Let him ride the bench and see if he can build up value in the offseason.

21 minutes ago, t96 said:

I agree. There is no need to put Bryce in. If you think he can develop into something, you keep him on to run scout team and learn how to read NFL defenses. That is his biggest issue right now honestly. It’s not his arm, it’s not his athleticism, it’s his processing. 

Andy was successful today because he knows how to read defenses pre and post snap.