• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Way Too Early Evaluation

lightsout

So the first half is over. Here's what we know about our offense.

- Dalton is damn good at just playing the QB position. Our run game has complimented him. 

- the OL is good, but not flawless. Exotic blitzes hurt us 

- our WR position has talent! DJ is also savvy enough to make guys miss and get out of bounds. 

- Bryce is either sitting until Dalton retires a Panther or he's traded.

• Pie 1

We can evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of our offense as a whole now. Which is everything to a rookie coach.

Love that we now have competency and can build through our weak points like oline picking up blitz' and showcase we have a lot of strengths to be excited for.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Continuation

- Dalton really is that fuging dude. No, I have no expectations that he's winning us a Superbowl. But I do think we can be a playoff team with him.

- Johnson is clearly our best receiver, but they've all looked strong today. 

- Run blocking is there. We seem to struggle zone blocking but our assignment schemes are all solid. Recognizing our strengths there will be key.

- defensively, our coverage is not bad but there's holes. We need to figure out if it's scheme where we're just playing bend but don't break or if it's just lack of skill consistency.

- special teams is solid. We've kept the field this entire game because the drives that stalled resulted in strong punts and field goals.

- Canales can actually coach. He hasn't backed off the game plan with a lead in the third. We're not seeing the more intermediate game as much, but we're definitely still slinging the rock

Hubbard is also proving to be a really solid RB.  Pairing him with Brooks could be a really nice tandem once our 2nd rounder shows up.  

Legette is looking sharp. 

IOL is looking strong.

Icky has shown he's a road grader again 

Jewell can show up at times

Mike Jackson is a dude at CB

• Beer 1
  • The D 1

32 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Hubbard is also proving to be a really solid RB.  Pairing him with Brooks could be a really nice tandem once our 2nd rounder shows up.  

Legette is looking sharp. 

IOL is looking strong.

Icky has shown he's a road grader again 

Jewell can show up at times

Mike Jackson is a dude at CB

Hubbard and Brooks are gonna be a problem. Ship Sanders to whatever team for a ham sandwich as soon as Brooks gets off IR 

32 minutes ago, Khaki Lackey said:

Very balanced offense. DC can call a game. Our pass rush needs a lot of work. 

While I agree, I appreciate that our pass rush is disciplined. They're not giving any lanes to escape and they're not getting whooped. For sure we need some beaters to emerge, but for what it is, I'll take it over 3 or 4 guys just trying to get off blocks and not caring where they end up 

• Pie 1