• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

In Soviet Russia, Bryce young at halftime….

1 hour ago, TheBigKat said:

I don’t wish the young man harm. I just want him gone from Charlotte. 

No harm will come. Much like the last emporeror of China, he will be re-educated into a productive member of society.

Perhaps he can live out his years as a quaint garden gnome, a Nickelodeon exec-proof child actor or a process engineer at the Wonka Chocolate company.

2 hours ago, KSpan said:

"As if Dalton could do any better"

- Way too many people, 2023 season

*Me* Not way too many people.  I was impressed with Dalton in the losing effort in Seattle.  The defense lost that game, to be honest, the offense did enough.  I wanted more and hoped Bryce's ankle need another week or two to heal.  Probably a bogus injury anyway.  They likely didn't want Bryce playing on the road in one the toughest stadiums in the League so early in his career.

11 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

*Me* Not way too many people.  I was impressed with Dalton in the losing effort in Seattle.  The defense lost that game, to be honest, the offense did enough.  I wanted more and hoped Bryce's ankle need another week or two to heal.  Probably a bogus injury anyway.  They likely didn't want Bryce playing on the road in one the toughest stadiums in the League so early in his career.

Two weeks of Young was more than enough for me, and the Dalton game proved there were big problems with Bryce Young.

A year ago. And we still had to tolerate that ill ass football. This why people talk bad about him, he was pure death to our favorite football team. 

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, frankw said:

So many condescending responses over that Seattle game. Anyone with eyes and no agenda saw the difference with Dalton behind center.

Yea but the thing is though that even if Dalton played and had a good season what good does that do us? I'm glad things went the way they did we found out early that Bryce is not it for us at QB and we actually have a coach who isn't afraid to make a change. Now we get to rip the band aid off early vs coddling him only to still find out hes not an NFL QB down the road. It sucks to have gone through last season + 2 games this season but at the same time we got to find out early what type of QB Bryce could be for us and unfortunately its not an NFL one.

I was always willing to give him a mulligan for last season but the regression we saw from Young to start the year was inexcusable. Hopefully we move on completely and won't have to watch Brucey play another down of Panthers football.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Quite a few folks packed up and quit the site because they couldn't cope with the Bryce bashing. I tried to tell them people were just stating the obvious. This organization and the media carrying water for that scrub just straight up deluded a lot of people and didn't allow them to see what was plainly obvious.

A handful of those were also claiming the former Penn State FB in Levis was some magician and Stroud was the one to be nervous about. We’re all wrong at times but they acted that way in such a proud wannabe-analyst mode like they knew better and then rushed off to that discord thing. It’s pretty funny. Not to dwell over the fact this is about a young dude not cutting the mustard. Just kinda funny hehe

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Yea but the thing is though that even if Dalton played and had a good season what good does that do us? I'm glad things went the way they did we found out early that Bryce is not it for us at QB and we actually have a coach who isn't afraid to make a change. Now we get to rip the band aid off early vs coddling him only to still find out hes not an NFL QB down the road. It sucks to have gone through last season + 2 games this season but at the same time we got to find out early what type of QB Bryce could be for us and unfortunately its not an NFL one.

I was always willing to give him a mulligan for last season but the regression we saw from Young to start the year was inexcusable. Hopefully we move on completely and won't have to watch Brucey play another down of Panthers football.

We had a coach that was so unafraid to make a change he lost his job over it. 

I mean, it worked out because Canales has that thing. 

1 hour ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I think we deserve to be a little spiteful after all the hyping and defending he’s gotten with a very small group of us accurately pointing out since last year that he was the problem. 

Spiteful is appropriate. Hateful isn’t. 

We aren't Lions’ fans. 

Just now, strato said:

Yea Reich might still have a job if he were allowed to play Dalton. In all likelihood Reich got screwed. He was forced to work with a bunch of people he never worked with before and likely wasn't allowed to have his pick at QB either. We won't ever know forsure unless someone from that staff speaks up but the fact he only lasted 11 games means some version of that is probably true

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin

9 minutes ago, strato said:

I think you meant Reich was too afraid to bench Bryce. Reich and the coaches did try to bench Young early last season per The Athletic, but they were overruled. I think that was the last straw for Reich, and he just checked out after that. If we had kept playing the lil coach killer, he would almost certainly have killed Canales as well. 

Edited by MRenshaw
  • Pie 2

3 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

Spiteful is appropriate. Hateful isn’t. 

We aren't Lions’ fans. 

You may not have been on the receiving end of it being called hateful and ignorant and not a fan of the Panthers and a pile of other stuff.  People leaving poo on your posts. For a year and a half pretty much. 

Judge not. 

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, MRenshaw said:

I think you meant Reich was too afraid to bench Bryce. If so, Reich and the coaches did try to bench Young early last season per The Athletic, but they were overruled. I think that was the last straw for Reich, and he just checked out after that. If we had kept playing the lil coach killer, he would almost certainly have killed Canales as well. 

I am trying to say that Reich wanted to bench Bryce and was not allowed to, but it did not stop him from wanting to. He called it early. Showed his cards. Gone, killed by a coach killer. 

Canales is a lucky result out of a poo process. No one wanted him, remember? 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, strato said:

You may not have been on the receiving end of it being called hateful and ignorant and not a fan of the Panthers and a pile of other stuff.  People leaving poo on your posts. For a year and a half pretty much. 

Judge not. 

I was super critical of the Bryce pick. Wanted CJ. Got poo for it. But in the end Bryce is not a bad dude as bad as he is at football. We can delineate between loathing the football player and hating the human being.