• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Benching Bryce = Firing Rhule

tukafan21

2 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

We aren’t far removed from evaluating talent. If fell off at approximately the time that Tepper inherited the franchise. So until we get some personnel in who can find quality players, your process is going to look a lot like drafting a QB like Bryce.

So because you don't trust the front office to find quality players, you'd rather be a slightly below average team in the NFL every season just so you aren't completely miserable every Sunday?

I honestly can't wrap my head around that thinking, it's asinine to me

44 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

I was against firing Rhule in season as it was only going to make us a better team in a worthless season and hurt our draft stock.

I was against benching Bryce for the same reason.

We're going to end up int he 7-10 draft pick range, yet again showing we can't even suck properly.  This franchise is going to forever be stuck in NFL purgatory, never picking at the top of the draft (unless we make a stupid trade again) but never good enough to actually compete for the playoffs.

Christ.....who fuging cares about draft order in week fuging 3

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

So because you don't trust the front office to find quality players, you'd rather be a slightly below average team in the NFL every season just so you aren't completely miserable every Sunday?

I honestly can't wrap my head around that thinking, it's asinine to me

It’s asinine to think sucking out loud every year is going to eventually get you wins when our roster is deprived of talent from the top down. 

48 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

I was against firing Rhule in season as it was only going to make us a better team in a worthless season and hurt our draft stock.

I was against benching Bryce for the same reason.

We're going to end up int he 7-10 draft pick range, yet again showing we can't even suck properly.  This franchise is going to forever be stuck in NFL purgatory, never picking at the top of the draft (unless we make a stupid trade again) but never good enough to actually compete for the playoffs.

Idiot Jagyasini Singh GIF

Just now, WarHeel said:

Such a weird time to rant about winning 

Because I think winning games like this only hurts the franchise in the long run.  I don't want to be happy 5-7 times a season when we are able to be competitive, that's not being happy, that's tricking yourself that not getting blown out is enjoyable.

You know what's enjoyable?

Making the playoffs, going into a season with realistic expectations of being a contender, you know, the things good football teams are able to enjoy.

Not being competitive once a month, that's a loser mentality.  I can suffer through the pain for long term gains, but we just can't even do that right either

• Poo 1

1 minute ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Idiot Jagyasini Singh GIF

So if I bookmark this thread and bring it back up in 5 years, when we haven't had a winning season and still don't have a franchise QB... would I still be an idiot?

Because if I said the same stuff 5 years ago, people would have said the same thing then, but look at us now.

1 minute ago, tukafan21 said:

So if I bookmark this thread and bring it back up in 5 years, when we haven't had a winning season and still don't have a franchise QB... would I still be an idiot?

Because if I said the same stuff 5 years ago, people would have said the same thing then, but look at us now.

Animation Smile GIF by Mashed

Who the fug cares. I'm sick of this team playing for draft picks it's time we stop sucking balls and go be competitive. We were never a team that cares about early round picks, and the best teams in the league draft late and still manage to compete every year.

This take is weak. Small minded and pussified.

6 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Because I think winning games like this only hurts the franchise in the long run.  I don't want to be happy 5-7 times a season when we are able to be competitive, that's not being happy, that's tricking yourself that not getting blown out is enjoyable.

You know what's enjoyable?

Making the playoffs, going into a season with realistic expectations of being a contender, you know, the things good football teams are able to enjoy.

Not being competitive once a month, that's a loser mentality.  I can suffer through the pain for long term gains, but we just can't even do that right either

Cheering for losing is a losers mentality. You’re overthinking it.

I used to be all for tanking to improve the team in the long run, but after witnessing how bad we've been for a while and then suffering a year and some spare change of Bryce, I'm just glad to be able to be excited about having a competent team again. I never want to go back to that. 

7 minutes ago, Diehardpanth02 said:

Who the fug cares. I'm sick of this team playing for draft picks it's time we stop sucking balls and go be competitive. We were never a team that cares about early round picks, and the best teams in the league draft late and still manage to compete every year.

This take is weak. Small minded and pussified.

This is my point though, we haven't played for draft picks since 2010 and we just tossed Clausen out there to the wolves.

Ever since then we've always tried to win meaningless games instead of playing for the draft picks, and it hasn't worked.

In Cam's prime I was okay with it, having a QB like that changes the equation.  But when you don't have that QB and you have such a dearth of talent as we do now, you need to play for the draft picks a bit and it's just not something we've actually ever done in earnest, hence why we haven't had a Top 5 draft pick since 2011 (not counting the one we had to make a stupid trade to get or the one we didn't have ourselves because of said stupid trade).