• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Benching Bryce = Firing Rhule

tukafan21

I was against firing Rhule in season as it was only going to make us a better team in a worthless season and hurt our draft stock.

I was against benching Bryce for the same reason.

We're going to end up int he 7-10 draft pick range, yet again showing we can't even suck properly.  This franchise is going to forever be stuck in NFL purgatory, never picking at the top of the draft (unless we make a stupid trade again) but never good enough to actually compete for the playoffs.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 24

Just now, tukafan21 said:

I was against firing Rhule in season as it was only going to make us a better team in a worthless season and hurt our draft stock.

We're going to end up int he 7-10 draft pick range, yet again showing we can't even suck properly.  This franchise is going to forever be stuck in NFL purgatory, never picking at the top of the draft (unless we make a stupid trade again) but never good enough to actually compete for the playoffs.

Haven’t you learned anything from sucking to get a higher draft pick? STFU and enjoy the W. 

• Pie 7

2 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Building a culture of winning is way more important than drafting #1.  just build winners and competitors and fug the draft.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

Haven’t you learned anything from sucking to get a higher draft pick? STFU and enjoy the W. 

No, because we haven't actually thrown in the towel to get that higher draft pick since the Clausen season

We keep trying to win meaningless games and hurting our draft position, so how can we learn from something we haven't done in over a decade?

3 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

would rather the team be watchable

I'd rather have the worst team in the league for a couple years if it means getting the talent necessary to be contenders than just have a watchable team in the moment.

Cutting off your nose to spite your face isn't how you win Super Bowls, it's how you become stuck in NFL purgatory.

• Poo 1

2 minutes ago, Carolina Cajun said:

Building a culture of winning is way more important than drafting #1.  just build winners and competitors and fug the draft.

We haven't had a culture of winning since 2015 and we haven't had a Top 5 pick since 2011 (outside of a stupid trade)

So tell me how any of this is working?  

We keep repeating the same mistakes year after year and it's gotten us nowhere, until we decide to blow it all up and embrace being the worst team in the league for a couple of years, we will never have any chance of actually contending in the playoffs.

And every season we keep trying this same crap, is just delaying any chance of having a winning franchise again.

• Poo 2

Building a winning culture is far more important than hoping for a high draft pick. We get the first overall pick again as we may not have any free agents who want to come here. Look at previous drafts, many stars are drafted all throughout the 1st round. We have missed on our top pick 

• Pie 2

Just now, WarPanthers89 said:

Building a winning culture is far more important than hoping for a high draft pick. We get the first overall pick again as we may not have any free agents who want to come here. Look at previous drafts, many stars are drafted all throughout the 1st round. We have missed on our top pick 

We've tried to build that winning culture mid-season since 2016 and it hasn't worked, not even close, in fact, it's only set us further back as a franchise every single season since then.

At what point are people going to learn that trying to build a winning culture with crap players who won't be around in 4 years isn't the way you build a winning franchise in today's NFL?!?!?!?!

2 minutes ago, TheCandyMan said:

I think we proved having the no 1 pick isn’t a guarantee of success, and you really have confidence in this organization to not screw it up again? 

And we're not proving that winning meaningless games every season by "trying to build a winning culture" doesn't work?

We try that every year and it hasn't worked out, but the one time we get the #1 pick and make the wrong decision, everyone wants to say that's not a path to success.

It's baffling to me how people can't realize we've been making this same mistake for the past decade and it hasn't worked yet, but they're convinced that this time is different.

12 minutes ago, Billy Goat said:

Watching this feels great. I dont care where we draft.

Really?

It feels great knowing we're still going to end up going 5-12 with a QB who isn't our future and we don't have a single potential future all pro on the roster besides our newly re-signed DT who is on IR for the season?

You and I have very different feelings of "great"