• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Adam Schefter: Several teams interested in trading for Bryce Young

If Dalton moves the ball and we get points and look like an NFL team, other teams will not be the only ones that notice.

In that situation, it is some huge humble pie for Young. Maybe cut whatever delusions he is having about being held back.... may put his ass to thinking and this trade me crap turns into help me. 

edit: If he thinks he'll be coddled as the future somewhere else like he has been here.... ugh. No. It is put out or get out.

Edited by strato

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

I KNOW! Crazy right?  It seems like I've said this before. 😉It's like in construction, trying to put the roof on house before the foundation has been poured or have the walls built.  But hey, the Tepper-era Panthers are going to be unconventional, right?

We will see with Andy if the offense is ready for a rookie QB. 

• Beer 1

WTF are we doing?

Schefter just said we are not trading Bryce and we plan on going back to him as starter later in the season.

This franchise is a joke. Clearly their is a struggle with power within the franchise. Smells like Tepper still wants Bryce to prove himself before Canales moves on from him completely.

11 hours ago, CRA said:

JJ reported the highest offer has been a 4th. 

Guess Tepper is just embarrassed what they media new cycle will say….given we traded away our roster and all those picks….for a 4th

It doesn't make sense to trade him until the offseason. Either from a roster standpoint or financially.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

WTF are we doing?

Schefter just said we are not trading Bryce and we plan on going back to him as starter later in the season.

This franchise is a joke. Clearly their is a struggle with power within the franchise. Smells like Tepper still wants Bryce to prove himself before Canales moves on from him completely.

Who knows with Tepper's Panthers? Could be a ploy to try to create more trade value. Could be Tepper waffling from moving on seeing how the media is all rallying behind Bryce and blaming his failures completely on the Panthers which to me is obviously just their way of coping with being wildly wrong about his NFL projection themselves.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

WTF are we doing?

Plans change. If the offseason looks moderately competent with Dalton, I suspect the change will be permanent(barring injury). Otherwise Canales may lose the locker room. If that happens, the hole we are in becomes even deeper.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Who knows with Tepper's Panthers? Could be a ploy to try to create more trade value. Could be Tepper waffling from moving on seeing how the media is all rallying behind Bryce and blaming his failures completely on the Panthers which to me is obviously just their way of coping with being wildly wrong about his NFL projection themselves.

I mean, I don't think they are necessarily wrong. Perhaps his career arc is substantially different if he was riding the pine for a couple of seasons behind a guy like Dalton or another successful starting QB. Given what we saw last season, it doesn't look like the decision to start him was left to any of our head coaches. I think it's a stretch to say he might have been an elite guy but maybe his career arc is more like Colt McCoy rather than Josh Rosen.

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean, I don't think they are necessarily wrong. Perhaps his career arc is substantially different if he was riding the pine for a couple of seasons behind a guy like Dalton or another successful starting QB. Given what we saw last season, it doesn't look like the decision to start him was left to any of our head coaches. I think it's a stretch to say he might have been an elite guy but maybe his career arc is more like Colt McCoy rather than Josh Rosen.

Yeah, the arc would be different. It would've taken a couple of years before his obvious lack of NFL talent was exposed.

• Beer 1