• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Andy Dalton

TarHeel69

4 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

I think Andy gets a ton of criticism for no real particular reason. He was a major driver behind the complete and utter revolution of the Cincinnati Bengals from joke franchise to perennial playoff contender in one of the hardest divisions of football for years. He may not have gotten them to the Super Bowl like Burrow, or the AFC Championship, but he laid the framework for that organization to be where they are today. 

I don’t know that he will ever get the proper credit for all of that. I understand the criticism and how he was sort of a regular season king, but man did he ball up there. 

Looking forward to today. 

I honestly think he's still talented enough to be a mid tier starter, the guy is better than a lot of starting QBs including the guy we are facing today 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, PantherChris said:

I honestly think he's still talented enough to be a mid tier starter, the guy is better than a lot of starting QBs including the guy we are facing today 

Correct. I don’t really see a huge difference between Dalton and Kirk Cousins honestly. Dalton went to the QB hole that was Chicago and then was in Mew Orleans under their awful offensive scheme once Payton left. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, PanthersATL said:

Yes 

No recent film on Dalton in a Carolina scheme

Players pumped for opportunity to win

Defense hungry on turnovers

There's hopefully going to be carnage in Vegas.

Panthers 35, Raiders 10

The Raiders have a bad running game--we have the worst pass rush in the league (or close to it).  Are we going to let a a journeyman backup QB beat us?  Are they? 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Andy has been watching the guy ahead of him suck for over a season knowing that he could do better.  He is fresh, excited, and he has something to prove.  Even for Andy, the 300+, 2 TD game he had last year was an outlier.  We threw the ball about 50 times that game.  So expect a 200-225 yard day.  That will be Awesome.

chris farley GIF

• Pie 1

40 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

I think Andy gets a ton of criticism for no real particular reason. He was a major driver behind the complete and utter revolution of the Cincinnati Bengals from joke franchise to perennial playoff contender in one of the hardest divisions of football for years. He may not have gotten them to the Super Bowl like Burrow, or the AFC Championship, but he laid the framework for that organization to be where they are today. 

I don’t know that he will ever get the proper credit for all of that. I understand the criticism and how he was sort of a regular season king, but man did he ball up there. 

Andy was a top 15 guy for years probably. Next to Bryce? Shame on Bryce is about all I have - that Andy is so much of an upgrade, 

I don’t think in terms of winning I think in terms of at least being in a game. 
We are on the 1 year anniversary of the last decent deep ball thrown by a Panthers QB. It will look better no matter what happens. 
And Crosby, rather have Bryce back there? Lol.  Fetal position. 

If something happens to Andy because he hung in the pocket that’s the game.

Edited by strato
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, csx said:

The best case scenario assuming Young is done here is fir Dalton to have a feel good resurgence and gets extended a few years while we groom his replacement.

A bit optimistic, I know

Entirely plausible. He at least gives us something to build off of. He’ll be big for the development of our WRs and TEs.

Never underestimate the fury of a pissed off redhead. 

If nothing else, we’ve upgraded to a genuine football player with no quit in him who can make NFL caliber throws. 

I would not be surprised to see a little more pop out of our defense knowing it won’t be a guaranteed L today. 

Edited by Gapanthersfan

4 hours ago, rayzor said:

I was just thinking this morning that it feels a little different having a grown up in there.

I'm not confident, but I'm also not stuck thinking "so just how bad is it going to be today?"

There might actually be a game today.

I'm expecting more potent offense and TDs scored.  But I'm also expecting the defense to continue to be ass cheeks unless they turn Minshew over a few times . Which is certainly possible. 

At the very least, it should be a lot more entertaining than watching Bryce struggle to complete basic passes.

Best case is Andy completely reinvigorates the whole team and we beat the dog poo out of the Raiders. That would Amp up the fan base too. This is what I'm hoping for.

Giving a vet QB like Andy a top 5 pass blocking offensive line, solid vet WRs like Theilen and Johnson. And a solid RB like Chubba. On paper. That should work imo.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

Correct. I don’t really see a huge difference between Dalton and Kirk Cousins honestly. Dalton went to the QB hole that was Chicago and then was in Mew Orleans under their awful offensive scheme once Payton left. 

He still had a 96 qb rating almost 3k yards 18 tds and 8 ints in 13 starts in NO.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

How quickly we all forget the Saints Dalton? The offense can’t get any worse for sure, but I think what we may find is the the receivers actually do suck esp Dionte Dropson

• Poo 1

3 minutes ago, Ghostofdelhomme said:

How quickly we all forget the Saints Dalton? The offense can’t get any worse for sure, but I think what we may find is the the receivers actually do suck esp Dionte Dropson

The Saints Dalton? Averaged 1.8 TD passes a game .65 int a game and 225 yards a game lmfao that is A LOT better than what we have seen.... 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Ghostofdelhomme said:

they were “good” last week because bryce didn’t let plays develop. Not great week 1. Much better run blocking it seems

Show me your breakdown I'll wait.... 🤪  because I trust other sources including my own eyes much more than you