• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Andy Dalton

TarHeel69

Just now, Shocker said:

Gonna be interesting to hear this place if he comes out and shets the bed today

Why? He's a 30-something backup for a reason.  I think most of us just wants to see something resembling a functional offense today. That is the insufferable low bar Bryce Young has set for this team.  Crap, a passing first down is a victory!  If Dalton looks bad today, so be it.  If we lose, so be it.  I'll be happen if the offense can sustain a few drives, put some points on the scoreboard and not let the game get out of hand before halftime.  Again, Bryce Young level expectations for our Panthers.

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

34 minutes ago, strato said:

So, what wouldn’t be acceptable from Dalton? 
The guy has been a pro since Bryce was 12.

He probably will be rusty but he’ll look better fuging up than Bryce ever did. 

QB rating above 9.4 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

10 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

01hz4pjs2s7t511430jm.jpg

A lot of guys Dalton's age in this league are relegated to training younger QBs, or holding the spot for the younger guy to officially take over like what's going on in New England.  However when Dalton found out he was now QB 1, he was fired up!!!  He was looking for a chance to be "the guy".  His whole thing was looking for an opportunity to lead a team to a championship, at his age.  This is what we got.  This isn't a Vinny Testaverde, or a Gus Frerotte, this is a guy who believes he can right the ship for a run.

I'm not saying we will do that, but this is the mindset of Andy Dalton.  Its fire, and I believe this team will play with all their heart this game.  We are going to see some inspired ball today.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2

7 minutes ago, Matthias said:

A lot of guys Dalton's age in this league are relegated to training younger QBs, or holding the spot for the younger guy to officially take over like what's going on in New England.  However when Dalton found out he was now QB 1, he was fired up!!!  He was looking for a chance to be "the guy".  His whole thing was looking for an opportunity to lead a team to a championship, at his age.  This is what we got.  This isn't a Vinny Testaverde, or a Gus Frerotte, this is a guy who believes he can right the ship for a run.

I'm not saying we will do that, but this is the mindset of Andy Dalton.  Its fire, and I believe this team will play with all their heart this game.  We are going to see some inspired ball today.

I think Andy is looking around at guys busting their asses and Bryce is doing nothing to help them, he is fact impeding them. I think Andy wants to rescue some of his teammates and plus smell the roses one more time. 
You work your whole life to be something and they take it away, it sucks. He knows he is a better QB but has had to sublimate his ego for Bryce’s benefit. And has been exemplary. 

Andy is going to enjoy this day. 

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, pantherj said:

We don't want Andy throwing the ball a lot. He's the type where he looks good and everything is going fine and then he throws a brainless pick. We need a little razzle dazzle and run the ball. The defense has got to keep the score lowish because if we have to throw a lot to try and catch up we're cooked.

that should be the Bryce game plan too? But that fails quick when the defense can’t stop a Jv team and false starts and 3rd and 2

9 hours ago, MHS831 said:

He is a solid NFL backup QB and that will be an upgrade.  We will not feel as if the game is out of reach 23.4 seconds after the opening kickoff--

I think Andy gets a ton of criticism for no real particular reason. He was a major driver behind the complete and utter revolution of the Cincinnati Bengals from joke franchise to perennial playoff contender in one of the hardest divisions of football for years. He may not have gotten them to the Super Bowl like Burrow, or the AFC Championship, but he laid the framework for that organization to be where they are today. 

I don’t know that he will ever get the proper credit for all of that. I understand the criticism and how he was sort of a regular season king, but man did he ball up there. 

Looking forward to today. 

• Pie 2