• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Athletic/Diana Russini: What I'm Hearing - "Bryce is Done in Carolina"

Bear Hands

7 minutes ago, Verge said:

I see no issue with the franchise making franchise changing decisions and then moving off from them in less than two years over and over and over...

And what is the common denominator here? Tepper has become pretty good about accepting when he's made/supported a bad decision and taking action to correct it but my God, at some point the dude has to stop going headlong into obvious and easily-avoidable dumpster fires.

Edited by KSpan
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, Verge said:

I already did. I was wrong about Bryce Young and his play translating at the next level. That doesn't mean Tepper should come in and mandate to the coaching staff what they should do. 

Is that what you've heard or what you think happened?

Even if it was Tepper as you suggest as much as I despise the man it wasn't the wrong decision. It was made for the good of the locker room.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, Verge said:

I see no issue with the franchise making franchise changing decisions and then moving off from them in less than two years over and over and over...

What's worse is subjecting teamates and fanbase to more of the worst QB play imaginable.

• Pie 2

Just now, frankw said:

Is that what you've heard or what you think happened?

Even if it was Tepper as you suggest as much as I despise the man it wasn't the wrong decision. It was made for the good of the locker room.

Just what I think happened based on the evidence. It's pretty much spelled out for us by beat reporters who can't come out and say it. 

I'd argue that the locker room is filled with an incredible amount of mistrust and a losing mentality. If the coaching staff tells you one thing and publicly endorses you, then the next day you are benched and your career is over with the team, what does that say to the other players in the locker rooms? 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

Young has looked liked one the worst QBs I've ever seen start in the NFL. If Tepper sped up him getting benched I hardly care at all. Flush the toilet. Fitt's mistakes here will haunt all of us until we've been rid of the specter of his blunders. That means clearing out his busted picks including the most impotent, emotionless, sometimes sad sack QB ever, Bryce Young.

Edited by pantherj
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 2

I also think it's a big difference with what has come out and hearing that Bryce is essentially done in Carolina as opposed to what could have been "allowing time for Bryce to reset" and reevaluating in a few weeks. The whole tone in the interviews with everyone is weird and becomes yet another example as to why free agents will not want to come to Carolina. 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 2

1 minute ago, Verge said:

Just what I think happened based on the evidence. It's pretty much spelled out for us by beat reporters who can't come out and say it. 

I'd argue that the locker room is filled with an incredible amount of mistrust and a losing mentality. If the coaching staff tells you one thing and publicly endorses you, then the next day you are benched and your career is over with the team, what does that say to the other players in the locker rooms? 

We wholeheartedly agree about ownership I want to make sure that's understood. I've been sounding the alarm about David Tepper for years even when people were calling me a conspiracy theorist for suggesting he meddles.

As far as the locker room goes I would begin to agree with you if the Panthers locker room seemed somber or divided but it is in fact the complete opposite. The vibe is relieved and upbeat. That tells me what I need to know. Now we have to see what the results are on the football field.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Verge said:

Judging by XLs reaction it told them yeah guys we know and we've got your back this time. The worst reaction would be ignoring the issue and pretending everything is fine. 

2 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

Judging by XLs reaction it told them yeah guys we know and we've got your back this time. The worst reaction would be ignoring the issue and pretending everything is fine. 

Xavier Legette flatly and enthusiastically stated when asked what he's looking forward to with Andy Dalton...."the deep ball".

If that doesn't sum it up for folks nothing will. They are dug in and cannot he convinced.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 2

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

We wholeheartedly agree about ownership I want to make sure that's understood. I've been sounding the alarm about David Tepper for years even when people were calling me a conspiracy theorist for suggesting he meddles.

As far as the locker room goes I would begin to agree with you if the Panthers locker room seemed somber or divided but it is in fact the complete opposite. The vibe is relieved and upbeat. That tells me what I need to know. Now we have to see what the results are on the football field.

I totally agree with you 100%. They don't look to me like they have a loser mentality. They just wanted to lose the loser so they can get on with business. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Just now, frankw said:

Xavier Legette flatly and enthusiastically stated when asked what he's looking forward to with Andy Dalton...."the deep ball".

If that doesn't sum it up for folks nothing will. They are dug in and cannot he convinced.

Yep, He said he thinks he and Andy will be good and smiled. That's positivity coming from the Rook. That alone is worth it. 

• Beer 1

50 minutes ago, frankw said:

Yeah I'm thinking his repetition of the same mistakes and his blasé "it is what is" demeanor in general while directly hurting the team around him forced the hand of decision makers. I also think this had been brewing last season and it carried over. Idk who ultimately made the call or if it was a group decision but at this point it doesn't matter. It was what needed to be done. From here all I can do is hope things get better in some capacity while we evaluate the roster and Canales.

I really believe this team has gotten tired of Bryce not giving a fug about improving himself.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

Dalton is no world beater, but Bryce doesn't belong in the QB room with him. No contest Andy is considerably better. At least we can look forward to some positive plays on offense on Sunday. Then we hit the draft in 2025 looking for a QB. Fair enough.

• Pie 1

With Bryce at the helm, the rest of the offense was not allowed to develop. After watching all the other QBs (good and bad) the first two weeks, Bryce didn’t look like any of them. He just doesn’t look like a confident person behind center and had to be benched for the betterment of the team. 

I hoping some other team thinks Bryce was not utilized properly and blaming his failures on the Panthers. This may allow us to get value from a trade. Fingers crossed other teams are listening to the media thinking Bryce still has it.