• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Athletic/Diana Russini: What I'm Hearing - "Bryce is Done in Carolina"

Bear Hands

So this sounds like a more of a pride principal type thing. Not a situation where you just wasn't cutting it and you need more time to develop. 

As I said earlier, bryce has become not worth the baggage he brings. It sounds like absolutely no self awareness in play here, not recognizing the best you can do to help the team is take a step back while you fix your issuses. Seems like you didn't care about fixing them in the off season and this is the result. I feel like there has to be more to this that we don't know yet if Canales felt comfortable benching him after 2 games but that's down the road.

Figure out what you can get for him and get him outta here before the deadline.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3

1 minute ago, csx said:

I wonder if it was more than just continued absolute poo play. Like Canales was pissed at a poor attitude, response,  acknowledgement, etc. That he had become complacent and entitled.

It is all of that plus he wasn't playing like he was being coached. He reverted to his old crappy habits of duck walking backwards while dropping back, locking onto one read, and throwing off of his tippy toes. 

• Pie 5

4 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah between the locker room vibe, Canales says he only cares about the football team, and this article I'm surprised he's even going to be active as the qb2 on Sunday. It's gonna look really awkward. He was also sitting by himself on the bench by the 2nd half last week, can't be doing that as qb1/captain

Yeah I'm thinking his repetition of the same mistakes and his blasé "it is what is" demeanor in general while directly hurting the team around him forced the hand of decision makers. I also think this had been brewing last season and it carried over. Idk who ultimately made the call or if it was a group decision but at this point it doesn't matter. It was what needed to be done. From here all I can do is hope things get better in some capacity while we evaluate the roster and Canales.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

11 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Bro, you don’t have to vent to Tepper for Tepper to see it. If Tepper reads these boards, he saw that posted during the game. I made a thread that it wasn’t fair to the other 52 guys putting their body on the line for this garbage. 

Body language from guys said they were fed up with him.  Especially noticed Moton, Theilen, and Diontae Johnson.

• Pie 7
  • Beer 1

Christ is it ever sad that I’d trade him straight up for Sam Howell. So to think we gave up the farm for Sam lol

Id probably trade him for Drew Lock and Jalin Hyatt

I think we better get a QB back. A 4th rounder ain’t gonna do sh!t. So trade for one of the young backups and let Canales try with them

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Body language from guys said they were fed up with him.  Especially noticed Moton, Theilen, and Diontae Johnson.

Johnson was throwing his hands up in Fall Camp. There was one deep flag route that Bryce completed, but it took Johnson to the sideline and it should’ve gone 20 yards further to the pylon. Johnson took the ball, sort of shook it and shook his head and jogged back. 

Predictably, the board and Twitter saw that throw as a positive but Johnson’s body language told me he had already had enough. 

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

I still don't think this was a Tepper decision. He would have wanted to play Bryce no matter what in hopes of him turning it around.

It's far more likely Dave Canales initially said he was sticking with Bryce because he knew this, but then saw the tape and talked to a few players and realized he was losing the team and HAD to go to Tepper and say "look, this has to be done."

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Just now, Jay Roosevelt said:

I still don't think this was a Tepper decision. He would have wanted to play Bryce no matter what in hopes of him turning it around.

It's far more likely Dave Canales initially said he was sticking with Bryce because he knew this, but then saw the tape and talked to a few players and realized he was losing the team and HAD to go to Tepper and say "look, this has to be done."

Bingo!

Been saying this from the start. You don't bench the #1 overall pick after 2 weeks. Canales knew Bryce wasn't legit since he took over. He seen it in practice. When your new HC moves on from you it's because you are not fixable in his mind.

This is actually good news for Canales. He actually standing up to Tepper. Sorry but your guy wasn't the right guy. This my show now sit back and relax there is a new sheriff in town.

Canales era officially starts now!

• Pie 7
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

And it's funny how everybody bashing the organization are not even acknowledging the most important audience which is the players. Once the players have no confidence in you ....ITS OVER. Screw what the staff and the fans think. We aren't out there with bryce. We only can only judge watching..... the players gotta perform and create a bond with him to be successful. If they think he is holding them back what can we say? 

It's even worse when they get dragged by the media for not being any help to him. They probably lowkey want him gone since last year. 

Facts

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Johnson was throwing his hands up in Fall Camp. There was one deep flag route that Bryce completed, but it took Johnson to the sideline and it should’ve gone 20 yards further to the pylon. Johnson took the ball, sort of shook it and shook his head and jogged back. 

Predictably, the board and Twitter saw that throw as a positive but Johnson’s body language told me he had already had enough. 

I remember that camp thread a few months ago where Diontae got himself shaken up trying to haul in an errant sideline pass from BY. Some folks tried so hard to argue on Bryce's behalf.

It's clear this had been simmering for awhile now.

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

I remember that camp thread a few months ago where Diontae got himself shaken up trying to haul in an errant sideline pass from BY. Some folks tried so hard to argue on Bryce's behalf.

It's clear this had been simmering for awhile now.

There were a couple throws during camp that led Johnson out of bounds that should’ve been walk-in scores.

”young threw it only where his guy could get it”

smh

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

23 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Oh yeah, for sure. I was actually surprised by how brutal the team post game interviews were towards Bryce. That's when I knew it had to happen and started praying that it would or this would've set us up for the worst season ever and a mass exodus from Carolina. At least now we have a chance to redeem the Org and show that we're learning from our mistakes (we=Tepper)

XL doesn't use much body language he just comes out and says things. His interview was blunt as fug main

Edited by Panthers Rhule
  • Pie 1

Here is a little thing that hit me while reading the last few posts.  

What does it say when the worst roster in the NFL thinks you ain’t good enough? Lol.

That they are the ones needing the help? 

There is going to be a bunch of crow being passed off as chicken. 

Edited by strato