• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Athletic/Diana Russini: What I'm Hearing - "Bryce is Done in Carolina"

Bear Hands

7 hours ago, Verge said:

Just what I think happened based on the evidence. It's pretty much spelled out for us by beat reporters who can't come out and say it. 

I'd argue that the locker room is filled with an incredible amount of mistrust and a losing mentality. If the coaching staff tells you one thing and publicly endorses you, then the next day you are benched and your career is over with the team, what does that say to the other players in the locker rooms? 

We're only 2 games in. I'd doubt if there is a locker room full of "losing mentality". I don't care what beat writers think. I'll guaruntee you a lot of those guys in that locker room feel like they can win now provided the offense can pass for more than 84 yards. I'd bet you Canales feels the same way.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Dragoon11 said:

We're only 2 games in. I'd doubt if there is a locker room full of "losing mentality". I don't care what beat writers think. I'll guaruntee you a lot of those guys in that locker room feel like they can win now provided the offense can pass for more than 84 yards. I'd bet you Canales feels the same way.

I definitely feel we had a shot of winning last week with Dalton, the line has been good we have had WRs open... we gave up 23 points (winnable with an actual QB)

I think we win 5-8 games with Dalton....  the Saints did the same thing to Dallas that they did to us.... and I have a feeling the eagles will get beaten handily 

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, KillerKat said:

We basically mortgaged our future and drafted an adult that is still in a high school state of mind, and body as well.

My last take on this... your points are very valid. You cannot tell me that this kid weighs 204 pounds. Emmit Smith weighed about 210 pounds coming out of college. Does Bryce look anything like that? Kyler Murray about the same. I'd bet Btryce is closer to 185 and he did not look one bit different coming into year two. Honestly, how much more eveidence do you need? Does Bryce really feel he can play at around 185? No wonder he is scared.

Edited by Dragoon11

2 hours ago, CRA said:

on the Panthers means players to me.  Dan Morgan isn’t on the Panthers, Shaq Thompson is on on the Panthers 

it’s not an opinion. Canales loudly and clearly said Bryce was the dude Sunday post game.  He had his team bought into the long path.  It’s all he talked about for some time.  Theilen and everyone was there Sunday saying it.  What changed was Canales got called to the Monday Morning meeting and then did a 180.  And his tap dancing and non answers to a basic coaching decision (which could never admit to)….lets you know it was Tepper’s call.  

I believe DC said Bryce is our QB, not exactly an emphatic he's QB1, unless I missed something 

Tepper may have been the one to pull the trigger, but your coach isn't going to bench the guy in a post game PC 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Candler Cat said:

I believe DC said Bryce is our QB, not exactly an emphatic he's QB1, unless I missed something 

Tepper may have been the one to pull the trigger, but your coach isn't going to bench the guy in a post game PC 

Way too much was made by media about that. They really can be useless at times. Turn off brain, make reactionary statements. Easier than being thoughtful 

3 hours ago, CRA said:

on the Panthers means players to me.  Dan Morgan isn’t on the Panthers, Shaq Thompson is on on the Panthers 

it’s not an opinion. Canales loudly and clearly said Bryce was the dude Sunday post game.  He had his team bought into the long path.  It’s all he talked about for some time.  Theilen and everyone was there Sunday saying it.  What changed was Canales got called to the Monday Morning meeting and then did a 180.  And his tap dancing and non answers to a basic coaching decision (which could never admit to)….lets you know it was Tepper’s call.  

Even people on the Panthers sounds intentionally vague.

37 minutes ago, Candler Cat said:

He did, even after they followed up and said is he starting next week, he didn't say yes, he just repeated Bryce is our qb.  Also people saying this big change are again overrating interview speak.   Coaches literally don't have to give us a real answer to anything in an interview.  There is no way immediately after the game in a post game presser the coach is going to say, we are benching our starting qb.  That's not when you make decisions like that nor when you say it.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, ClawOn said:

Clausen sucked but at least he looked like he cared.  Can't wait to get this dude out of town.

Hell yeah..get that man some drip drops, body armor, gatorades as a parting gift. That dry mouth lip smacking poo he does while smiling  after playing like dog ass got old real quick. The Waterboy Superbowl GIF by NETFLIX

10 hours ago, frankw said:

Yeah I'm thinking his repetition of the same mistakes and his blasé "it is what is" demeanor in general while directly hurting the team around him forced the hand of decision makers. I also think this had been brewing last season and it carried over. Idk who ultimately made the call or if it was a group decision but at this point it doesn't matter. It was what needed to be done. From here all I can do is hope things get better in some capacity while we evaluate the roster and Canales.

But that dinner before the 2023 draft. I swear for someone who is one of the richest people in the world Tepper is unusually gullible.

2 hours ago, Dragoon11 said:

My last take on this... your points are very valid. You cannot tell me that this kid weighs 204 pounds. Emmit Smith weighed about 210 pounds coming out of college. Does Bryce look anything like that? Kyler Murray about the same. I'd bet Btryce is closer to 185 and he did not look one bit different coming into year two. Honestly, how much more eveidence do you need? Does Bryce really feel he can play at around 185? No wonder he is scared.

He doesn’t, I said during the draft process that he played at 175-180 during the season at Alabama. He’s probably 185 with extra weight on right now. 

12 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

But that dinner before the 2023 draft. I swear for someone who is one of the richest people in the world Tepper is unusually gullible.

anyone know if Tepper hired Morgan and/or Canales while at dinner? That seems to be his tell and kryptonite. 

5 hours ago, CRA said:

And his tap dancing and non answers to a basic coaching decision (which could never admit to)….lets you know it was Tepper’s call.  

maybe...

DaveC got a call from Tepper that said, "You have the authority to make decisions. I hired you to fix things, so FIX THINGS. <click>"

So it could still be DaveC's decision, and it could still be Tepper giving DaveC permission/latitude to do what needed to be done without explicitly saying the details