• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Athletic/Diana Russini: What I'm Hearing - "Bryce is Done in Carolina"

Bear Hands

3 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

But what happens if our older vet QB gets hurt? Bryce is QB2 right now. He is more than likely playing again before the season is over IMO. 

This is why you shop him now and get someone else in asap.  I don't think (guessing--not sure) that you want to or can trade someone on IR---the other option.

27 minutes ago, PanthersATL said:

Didn't see this in the first few posts, maybe someone else pointed it out already

Young admitted he was surprised by the move — he thought he had more time

YOU'RE IN YOUR SECOND SEASON. HOW MUCH MORE TIME DO YOU THINK YOU HAD TO GET WINS?

You see how long it took Jay z to build the dynasty

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

5 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I think we all know he is done in Carolina. You don't bench the #1 overall pick after 2 weeks. This was a Canales decision folks! He doesn't want Bryce as his future QB point blank.

Cowherd mentioned on his show Friday that his agent is already looking for trades. We both know this relationship is over.

Even the Panthers players believe it was Tepper per the article. 

literally everything point to it being Tepper

There is nothing that support it being Canales outside of folks trying manifest it being normal in Carolina suddenly.  It’s not.  It’s the same poo show

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Tr3ach said:

I don't think they would be calling Plummer up because they think he's better.   I think they would be calling him up because Bryce’s time here is over. 

And why expose him further if they do want to deal him. 

• Beer 1

17 minutes ago, CRA said:

Even the Panthers players believe it was Tepper per the article. 

literally everything point to it being Tepper

There is nothing that support it being Canales outside of folks trying manifest it being normal in Carolina suddenly.  It’s not.  It’s the same poo show

I just read that article.

In regards to Tepper being the instigator, the article just says "even people on the Panthers". Doesn't say players. 

And what they said was "Too much change from Sunday to Monday". It's no more than an opinion of an employee. We don't know what they know. 

Though, as far as I am concerned whoever made the call to pull him, it is the right call. Wish they could have been that smart a year and a half ago.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, strato said:

I just read that article.

In regards to Tepper being the instigator, the article just says "even people on the Panthers". Doesn't say players. 

And what they said was "Too much change from Sunday to Monday". It's no more than an opinion of an employee. We don't know what they know. 

Though, as far as I am concerned whoever made the call to pull him, it is the right call. Wish they could have been that smart a year and a half ago.

on the Panthers means players to me.  Dan Morgan isn’t on the Panthers, Shaq Thompson is on on the Panthers 

it’s not an opinion. Canales loudly and clearly said Bryce was the dude Sunday post game.  He had his team bought into the long path.  It’s all he talked about for some time.  Theilen and everyone was there Sunday saying it.  What changed was Canales got called to the Monday Morning meeting and then did a 180.  And his tap dancing and non answers to a basic coaching decision (which could never admit to)….lets you know it was Tepper’s call.  

15 minutes ago, CRA said:

on the Panthers means players to me.  Dan Morgan isn’t on the Panthers, Shaq Thompson is on on the Panthers 

it’s not an opinion. Canales loudly and clearly said Bryce was the dude Sunday post game.  He had his team bought into the long path.  It’s all he talked about for some time.  Theilen and everyone was there Sunday saying it.  What changed was Canales got called to the Monday Morning meeting and then did a 180.  And his tap dancing and non answers to a basic coaching decision (which could never admit to)….lets you know it was Tepper’s call.  

'Too much' What's that? 

'Too much change from Sunday to Monday' is an opinion my friend.

An employee of some type stating their interpretation of how the thing went down. It might be right but it is a fact, that that is an opinion. 

Do you think she was getting her Hunger Games plot from players or people in the building, that are on the Panthers staff? I think her contacts are media types, people that work in the building and hear stuff. Could it have been a couple of fired coaches and cut players for that Hunger Games? Yeah could be that too. 

But she got her intel from people on the inside somewhere, and my guess is that is where it is coming from this time, in the building, without someone specifically saying what their role is. Could even be Gantt, easily.  

Edited by strato

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Do you think he was just doing “coach speak”?