• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Athletic/Diana Russini: What I'm Hearing - "Bryce is Done in Carolina"

Bear Hands

8 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

To me if you are going that route, you might as well give the one you invested in another shot because Plummer isn’t doing crap. 

If I’m Bryce’s agent I don’t want him going back in, get a deal done while he’s still getting the benefit of the doubt. If Dalton comes out throwing deep balls and pushes for 300 yards a game, then gets injured and Bryce comes in still looking like crap any trade value he has would evaporate

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

source: https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5783024/2024/09/21/jordan-love-justin-herbert-injury-updates-justin-fields-steelers-offense-bryce-young-benching/

And as with any paid site, disclaimer - The Athletic is super cheap to get a subscription - now part of the NYT.  NYT Cooking+The Athletic is worth it. Recommend it.

Wouldn't pay one penny for the athletic or nytimes. Trash.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

There have to be QBs on a couch at home better than Bryce and Plummer.

If the team is truly done with Bryce, I'd love for them bring in Ryan Tannehill to back up Andy. Having two experience QBs in the Lockeroom should allow us to be able to at the very least evaluate the talent we have on offense. 

Just now, Jackie Lee said:

If I’m Bryce’s agent I don’t want him going back in, get a deal done while he’s still getting the benefit of the doubt. If Dalton comes out throwing deep balls and pushes for 300 yards a game, then gets injured and Bryce comes in still looking like crap any trade value he has would evaporate

Yep. I’d be trying like hell to trade him today

• Beer 1

15 minutes ago, Panthero said:

Wouldn't pay one penny for the athletic or nytimes. Trash.

NYTimes cooking is what's up.  And the Athletic has always been and is still excellent.  I will stand by that, independent of the news side of things.  As a part chef household, we get our worth out of it.  

• Beer 1

I will say this about Young--if you draft him and you have crappy offensive linemen and crappy WRs, you sit him in 2023 and you let Dalton play.  You then build the OL in the offseason and bring in WRs--like we did--THEN you put your 5'9" QB under center, after a year of learning and watching.  '

Young was a victim of the turmoil and chaos caused by Tepper.  Yes, the pick was bad, but so was the timing. 

3 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Did he really cater his system to Bryce Young?  Because it looks like Bryce Young is failing to run his offense to me.  If it was catered to Bryce, he wouldn't be expected to stand in the pocket and throw downfield.

If BY stood in the pocket instead of on his tiptoes, he could get more velocity on the ball with better accuracy and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Does the agent care about the trade value? That really just hurts us. As long as Bryce goes to a place where he has a chance to be a starter, his agent should be happy. 

think about it--Johnson is in a contract year.  Mingo is worried that he is on the TMJ train to early Lowe's employment, and the OL are all in their primes.   They want rings and paychecks--not interested in child therapy for abused and traumatized QBs.  He was holding people back and costing them money.  Nothing is more frustrating than being wide open and seeing your QB throwing it too late or out of bounds.  I was hopeful.  Hope gone.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

But what happens if our older vet QB gets hurt? Bryce is QB2 right now. He is more than likely playing again before the season is over IMO. 

If they are really looking for a trade then there is no reason to even dress him. 

• Beer 2

13 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Does the agent care about the trade value? That really just hurts us. As long as Bryce goes to a place where he has a chance to be a starter, his agent should be happy. 

I mean more about anyone being interested in trading for him at all, i’m sure they were hoping on getting a second contract done in a couple years initially. 

4 hours ago, KSpan said:

And what is the common denominator here? Tepper has become pretty good about accepting when he's made/supported a bad decision and taking action to correct it but my God, at some point the dude has to stop going headlong into obvious and easily-avoidable dumpster fires.

Tepper, as a fan like us, knows when to abort the mission,  he simply needs to stay out of expressing his opinion concerning talent evaluation.  It will be Morgan's decision now.  I hope he learned from Fitterer--and does not make the same mistakes

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2