• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Athletic/Diana Russini: What I'm Hearing - "Bryce is Done in Carolina"

Bear Hands

2 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Its interesting to see just how much Bryce is being portrayed by the media as the victim. 

Because it's easy.  It allows the 24/7 content machine that always has to have something to say that is modern day sports media, a chance to have a loud opinion that everyone can rally behind (panthers being a joke) without them having to actually watch any tape or anything.  It's low hanging fruit. 

• Pie 2

16 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

LOL

But seriously, I bet he was asked to put on weight, given specific footwork issues to work on, stuff like that. Then showed up same as last year.

If Bryce wanted to improve, you would be hearing him say things like ``I need to work on myself``, ``I did such and such to help myself get better in the offseason`` or when things dont go well ``Its on me, i need to get better``. Instead you hear this bitchass mentality of he was shocked or angry or its not in his hands and you dont hear him say how he is going to get the starting job back. He is a beta male.

• Pie 4

Just now, KillerKat said:

If Bryce wanted to improve, you would be hearing him say things like ``I need to work on myself``, ``I did such and such to help myself get better in the offseason`` or when things dont go well ``Its on me, i need to get better``. Instead you hear this bitchass mentality of he was shocked or angry or its not in his hands and you dont hear him say how he is going to get the starting job back. He is a beta male.

Dude has been seriously coddled and now all the sports media making excuses for him because they can't accept being wildly wrong themselves just adds to it.

• Beer 2

57 minutes ago, csx said:

I honestly dont care whos decision it was. 

I care that, regardless of how small, there at least is a glimmer of hope that we see any semblance of functioning offense going forward. Before we had zero hope and knew exactly what was going to happen.

We all are over him in a big way. But if Tepper made the decision there is no glimmer of hope because everyone in NFL circles will know it.

52 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

I think the Panthers pray that doesn't happen.  If it does i honestly think they call up Plummer or bring someone else in, but they know the media storm that will cause so they hope Dalton stays healthy so they can keep saying Young is #2.

Plummer honestly isn’t better. Unless the sign another vet here soon or trade Bryce, I can definitely see him playing again. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Plummer honestly isn’t better. Unless the sign another vet here soon or trade Bryce, I can definitely see him playing again. 

I honestly believe Plummer would do more than Bryce has

Plummer has at least shown the willingness to throw the ball past 10 yards

Edited by *FreeFua*
  • The D 1

Benching Young is the right call whoever pushed for it. It should have already happened last year. They need to get someone better than Plumber to bring in.

The optics stink but they were going to get kicked for something as the perineal garbage fire anyways. Young has been the worst part of the team this year and it's not close. Young working harder to get a trade then he did to improve his game says it all. 

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 1

6 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I don't think they would be calling Plummer up because they think he's better.   I think they would be calling him up because Bryce’s time here is over. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

17 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

I honestly believe Plummer would do more than Bryce has

Plummer has at least shown the willingness to throw the ball past 10 yards

In the preseason where Bryce did too. Plummer has terrible vision as well as a slow release. That’s a bad combo…

Just now, ForJimmy said:

In the preseason where Bryce did too. Plummer has terrible vision as well as a slow release. That’s a bad combo…

Bryce took a sack in the preseason because he refused to throw the ball downfield 

I mentioned it when it happened. As soon as I saw that I knew nothing had changed 

• Beer 1

14 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

I don't think they would be calling Plummer up because they think he's better.   I think they would be calling him up because Bryce’s time here is over. 

To me if you are going that route, you might as well give the one you invested in another shot because Plummer isn’t doing crap.