• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Athletic/Diana Russini: What I'm Hearing - "Bryce is Done in Carolina"

Bear Hands

When you mortgage your future to spend the #1 overall on a QB who hasnt shown 1 bit of talent to be a franchise QB and doesnt really care about improving himself, that QB is going to piss off a lot of people no matter how much he talks about his God and how its all out of his hands. Which is bullshit btw, this was always in Bryce`s own hands. He fuged it up.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, pantherj said:

Dalton is no world beater, but Bryce doesn't belong in the QB room with him. No contest Andy is considerably better. At least we can look forward to some positive plays on offense on Sunday. Then we hit the draft in 2025 looking for a QB. Fair enough.

Much better than the alternative of watching more games with the absolute worse QB play I've ever seen in the NFL. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

26 minutes ago, Verge said:

I see no issue with the franchise making franchise changing decisions and then moving off from them in less than two years over and over and over...

I agree, the lack of patience to see things through and give people time has been a real problem that appears to be here to stay

Fitt was insane and filled our owner with idiotic notions of Bryce being some sort of Steph Curry who was going to distribute the ball around and allow us to focus our spending on defense. Those ideas didn't come from Tepper, they came from our former resident idiot Fitt. Fitt, who thought all we needed to do was drop a QB into place since we had all the other pieces in place. The GM is the critical piece to all of this mess.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, pantherj said:

Fitt was insane and filled our owner with idiotic notions of Bryce being some sort of Steph Curry who was going to distribute the ball around and allow us to focus our spending on defense. Those ideas didn't come from Tepper, they came from our former resident idiot Fitt. Fitt, who thought all we needed to do was drop a QB into place since we had all the other pieces in place. The GM is the critical piece to all of this mess.

Unfortunately the current GM was practically in Fitterer's hip pocket through all that.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Bryce comes off to me that he hasnt been forced to do many things that he doesnt want to do or feel like doing in order to achieve his goals. He just has had an easy ride most of his life. Sure he might have worked hard at some point in college, but it wasnt that much. All people in life that have had to struggle and had to do things they didnt want to, all found a way to still dig deep and keep going. Bryce doesnt seem like that dude. He never put in the work that is needed to be a franchise QB. You have to go above and beyond in this league to be one and he just hasnt.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

I think it was Canales’ call, Dan certainly put up no argument, and Tepper didn’t really either.

Thinking about it some more, I think the Netflix and video games comment signed his death warrant here. With that one statement, he showed how disconnected and uninterested he is in improving his game. He showed that football doesn’t seem to be really important to him, or he truly doesn’t realize that HE was THE problem.

You never forget when someone you’re invested in says something out of line. Canales knew he had Mr TV and video games as the QB who would make or break his career. Bryce is the one that threw up the big middle finger to his team, fans and entire organization. He was probably 1 more start away from a non football related injury courtesy from the locker room. 

I seriously wish I could have seen T’s face when he read that his historically bad, gave up the world to get QB, went home to play games and watch tv. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, frankw said:

Unfortunately the current GM was practically in Fitterer's hip pocket through all that.

The worst case scenario is that Dan doesn't know what he's doing and we face several more years of disastrous failure. Hope and pray (or petition the universe if you're atheist) that Dan knows what he's doing as GM.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

Bryce comes off to me that he hasnt been forced to do many things that he doesnt want to do or feel like doing in order to achieve his goals. He just has had an easy ride most of his life. Sure he might have worked hard at some point in college, but it wasnt that much. All people in life that have had to struggle and had to do things they didnt want to, all found a way to still dig deep and keep going. Bryce doesnt seem like that dude. He never put in the work that is needed to be a franchise QB. You have to go above and beyond in this league to be one and he just hasnt.

We basically mortgaged our future and drafted an adult that is still in a high school state of mind, and body as well.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, CPF4LIFE said:

And it's funny how everybody bashing the organization are not even acknowledging the most important audience which is the players. Once the players have no confidence in you ....ITS OVER. Screw what the staff and the fans think. We aren't out there with bryce. We only can only judge watching..... the players gotta perform and create a bond with him to be successful. If they think he is holding them back what can we say? 

It's even worse when they get dragged by the media for not being any help to him. They probably lowkey want him gone since last year. 

The media is also completely ignoring we brought in Diontae.

Still acting like we’ve done nothing. We just drafted a WR, RB, and TE in the top 100 and brought in a vet who’s hit 1,000 for a top organization. Overpaid to get a high end IOL. The people soldiering for Bryce in the media are absolutely clueless to what’s been going on.

• Pie 2