• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Albert Breer with top analysis of Bryce situation

NAS

3 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

I just finished reading this article. Deserves its own thread

That's also from Diana Russini who has her birds and is typically very careful with her weekly "what I'm hearing" stuff.

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5783024/2024/09/21/jordan-love-justin-herbert-injury-updates-justin-fields-steelers-offense-bryce-young-benching/

• Pie 1

What's the scenarios:

Dalton plays well and they win some, Bryce remains a back up the year. 

Dalton plays well and gets hurts (hope nothing serious), Bryce jumps back in and we see what happens. He plays well, we're back on track. He doesn't, he probably gets traded in the off-season. 

Dalton struggles, They give Bryce a try again. Again - He plays well, we're back on track. He doesn't, he probably gets traded in the off-season. 

In a team concept, having Bryce play well and building around him with talent is the most economical way to improve (building around a QB on a rookie contract). Or Canales proves he can get any vet QB to play well and they get a decent vet and build a solid team around that. 

I feel for Bryce as he probably has PTSD from last year and all the negative that was around him. I believe this was a Canales move and he deserves credit for thinking team over an individual or an investment. He's very positive but don't mistake kindness for weakness.