• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pats legend Cam Newton speaks on the Panthers benching Bryce Young

CamWhoaaCam

11 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Our Oline is decent, but the roster itself isn't very good.

It seems Bryce is a step slow mentally. He's missing wide open WR's at times. That's inexcusable. For whatever reason he forgot how to play QB at the NFL level. Sure our culture sucks, but damn we gave him a pretty decent Oline this year and upgraded the skill positions slightly.

My only thing is we gave him 2 weeks. That seems a bit unfair. Maybe 4 weeks in if he's still playing like trash you move on. My only thought is Canales doesn't want him. He made the decision to move on early. It is what it is.

I think the plan was to give him more time, he was just so incredibly bad.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

When the team is showing frustration in how bad the QB is on the field you have to step in. AT who is usually pretty chill was blowing up on the sidelines. Forcing Young back out there would be mishandling him and the whole team. Even if they still think Young can turn it around, you have to bench him for now. It’s the right call and I swear some of the people aren’t even watching the games before they make these takes. Love Cam but I don’t think he is really following us that closely lately. 

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

When the team is showing frustration in how bad the QB is on the field you have to step in. AT who is usually pretty chill was blowing up on the sidelines. Forcing Young back out there would be mishandling him and the whole team. Even if they still think Young can turn it around, you have to bench him for now. It’s the right call and I swear some of the people aren’t even watching the games before they make these takes. Love Cam but I don’t think he is really following us that closely lately. 

QB is the most important position on the field, and everyone knows it.  The team already lost faith in him after 2 games.  That quickly becomes a toxic environment.  Just from my own experience, if you have someone on a team at work that is tanking the whole thing, it kills the entire team.  People begin to think there's no point in putting in effort because its useless anyways, etc.  More time in those situations means more frustrating building.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

12 hours ago, Dave Gettleman's Shorts said:

idk how much more help Bryce needs. dan Morgan essentially decimated our defense in order to build around Bryce by paying two high price OG along with trading for and drafting more WR help. Our O-line has statically been top 5 through 2 weeks and has actually held up in pass pro. Our WR's are actually schemed open down field. let's not forget that the offensive coaching staff was specifically brought in to "fix" Bryce.

Bryce just doesn't have vision, the arm, or the unwillingness to make the throws

Valid points, lol

Edited by Dragoon11
  • Pie 1

12 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Our Oline is decent, but the roster itself isn't very good.

It seems Bryce is a step slow mentally. He's missing wide open WR's at times. That's inexcusable. For whatever reason he forgot how to play QB at the NFL level. Sure our culture sucks, but damn we gave him a pretty decent Oline this year and upgraded the skill positions slightly.

My only thing is we gave him 2 weeks. That seems a bit unfair. Maybe 4 weeks in if he's still playing like trash you move on. My only thought is Canales doesn't want him. He made the decision to move on early. It is what it is.

We'll get to see the difference this Sunday... if there is one.

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, strato said:

Physically he might be about half. Arm talent, he might be about half.

Did anyone ever have to make excuses for Cam on a football field? Maybe in the Super Bowl over that fumble is about all I can think of. 

Bryce gets there I'll be happy to make excuses for him. 

He's not even half.

15 hours ago, Dave Gettleman's Shorts said:

idk how much more help Bryce needs. dan Morgan essentially decimated our defense in order to build around Bryce by paying two high price OG along with trading for and drafting more WR help. Our O-line has statically been top 5 through 2 weeks and has actually held up in pass pro. Our WR's are actually schemed open down field. let's not forget that the offensive coaching staff was specifically brought in to "fix" Bryce.

Bryce just doesn't have vision, the arm, or the unwillingness to make the throws

I mean, Bryce is in an O system that no one would claim fits him until it’s what we had.    Football is about fit at the NFL level 

in seasons worth of games he has had multiple HCs, OCs, playcallers, scheme and talent around him.  Paying 2 OGs doesn’t erase the mess they did to him.  And neither HC embraced a unicorn QB. Frank did what Frank does and Canales is the same. 

Young shouldn’t of been drafted but at the same time the Panthers have done every thing they could to get the worst out of him 

16 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Anybody thinks this team is built around Bruce to succeed,  is lying to themselves. 

Pretty bad, that one of Y'alls heros points of the obvious,  and Y'all still can't see what's right in front of you.  

This team is trying to build around an NFL QB to succeed. Creating a good OL, adding WRs, TE and RB is exactly what that is. The only problem is the QB. Is everything perfect after the first months, no. Is it better? Oh hell yeah., the OL alone deserves a hell yeah. After Dalton plays we will see if you see what is right in front of your face. 

If I'm wrong I'll admit it but I really doubt I am. Will you?

34 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Anybody thinks this team is built around Bruce to succeed,  is lying to themselves. 

Pretty bad, that one of Y'alls heros points of the obvious,  and Y'all still can't see what's right in front of you.  

Nah. He would have to include Bryce in being part of the problem or I can’t take him seriously, best Panthers QB ever or not.

With this kind of talk, he is a guy with an axe to grind who is incapable of looking at things impartially. 

• Flames 1