• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pats legend Cam Newton speaks on the Panthers benching Bryce Young

CamWhoaaCam

1 hour ago, strato said:

I figured an away game meant one more chance but apparently the players have had enough. I think that was the biggest thing. 

This bolded part is why we should all ignore gripes that sometimes comes from position players when the QB's contract eats up 1/4 to 1/3 of the cap. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, jasonluckydog said:

Too be honest the reason the Panthers suck is because of me. I did it. I wore black when I should have worn blue. I washed my only pair of underwear before the last SB and we have been playing like my underwear now looks, like shitt. So to blame anyone you first have to blame me. My bad. 

26 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

I wish Bryce was half the qb cam was. Damn he was so much fun to watch

Physically he might be about half. Arm talent, he might be about half.

Did anyone ever have to make excuses for Cam on a football field? Maybe in the Super Bowl over that fumble is about all I can think of. 

Bryce gets there I'll be happy to make excuses for him. 

10 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I think Cams sticking up for him because he can relate to him.  He seems pretty sour on Tepper

More like he doesn't want to be wrong about picking Young over Stroud.

No different than any other talking head no matter how much I like Cam that's the rub.

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

Sounds like Cam was also holding on to some bitter feelings towards the current Panther regime. Overall he does make some valid points. Agree that this administration has failed miserably and I blame that on Fitt and the gutting of this team's talent over the years. Then drafting an outlier at QB and putting 110% on him to carry the team. For all the talk of Bryce's physical limitations, I think his regression has more to do with his lack of confidence and trust. All the Qb talk and analysis all agree that he doesn't trust the line to protect, he doesn't trust his receivers, etc. We can nitpick all we want, overall theme is that this team is a a Sh*tshow like Cam said. 

The Panthers have plenty of talent on offense. The one glaring hole is at quarterback. Even having someone like Gardner Minshew, Brissett, or Justin Fields would see the team being competitive. 

Sports talk in general is all the same act. Take a position then double down triple down and quadruple down no matter how wrong you were instead of just saying maybe I should have taken a harder look at my position originally.

He wants to blame everything on Tepper. In some respects that's absolutely true he's a shitty meddling owner and I wish this MFer would sell. But if he's so bad and everyone knows it. Cam why did you go out of your way to cosign such a buffoon? Your whole reasoning for backing Tepper and supporting picking Young was leadership. Where has the leadership been? Why didn't you say anything while CJ Stroud's character was being assassinated similarly to yours back in 2011? You could have spoken up and pushed back against Tepper then. Doing so now means nothing. I'm disappointed.