• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pats legend Cam Newton speaks on the Panthers benching Bryce Young

CamWhoaaCam

Sounds like Cam was also holding on to some bitter feelings towards the current Panther regime. Overall he does make some valid points. Agree that this administration has failed miserably and I blame that on Fitt and the gutting of this team's talent over the years. Then drafting an outlier at QB and putting 110% on him to carry the team. For all the talk of Bryce's physical limitations, I think his regression has more to do with his lack of confidence and trust. All the Qb talk and analysis all agree that he doesn't trust the line to protect, he doesn't trust his receivers, etc. We can nitpick all we want, overall theme is that this team is a a Sh*tshow like Cam said. 

• Pie 1

idk how much more help Bryce needs. dan Morgan essentially decimated our defense in order to build around Bryce by paying two high price OG along with trading for and drafting more WR help. Our O-line has statically been top 5 through 2 weeks and has actually held up in pass pro. Our WR's are actually schemed open down field. let's not forget that the offensive coaching staff was specifically brought in to "fix" Bryce.

Bryce just doesn't have vision, the arm, or the unwillingness to make the throws

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Dave Gettleman's Shorts said:

idk how much more help Bryce needs. dan Morgan essentially decimated our defense in order to build around Bryce by paying two high price OG along with trading for and drafting more WR help. Our O-line has statically been top 5 through 2 weeks and has actually held up in pass pro. Our WR's are actually schemed open down field. let's not forget that the offensive coaching staff was specifically brought in to "fix" Bryce.

Bryce just doesn't have vision, the arm, or the unwillingness to make the throws

ha ha it's the new coach's fault, it's the old coach's fault, it's the owner's fault... there is always one name missing from those narratives.

Tim Couch won at Kentucky

Jamarcus Russell won at LSU

Johnny Manziel won at Tex AM

Mark Sanchez won at USC

etc. 

It is not really a good argument to say that Bryce must be good because he was good at Bama.  Above are just a few examples that popped into my head for an example or two.

Bryce had a few issues there, if I recall, but I am not that much of a college football fan like some of you.  I know that if you have a stud OL, stud WRs, etc.  and you are playing 11 of 12 games with a big lead, it is different. 

• Pie 1

36 minutes ago, Dave Gettleman's Shorts said:

Our Oline is decent, but the roster itself isn't very good.

It seems Bryce is a step slow mentally. He's missing wide open WR's at times. That's inexcusable. For whatever reason he forgot how to play QB at the NFL level. Sure our culture sucks, but damn we gave him a pretty decent Oline this year and upgraded the skill positions slightly.

My only thing is we gave him 2 weeks. That seems a bit unfair. Maybe 4 weeks in if he's still playing like trash you move on. My only thought is Canales doesn't want him. He made the decision to move on early. It is what it is.

Could be that or it could be he was getting worse, clearly. 
I figured an away game meant one more chance but apparently the players have had enough. I think that was the biggest thing. 

I think, if he has his head on his shoulders, he will know it is him and not everything else, and he’ll show some humility and get to work.

I’d bet he will see the field if nothing else in a showcase scenario, unless he flunks off the scout team too. 
Or forces his way out.  Which I don’t think he can really do right now. 

Too be honest the reason the Panthers suck is because of me. I did it. I wore black when I should have worn blue. I washed my only pair of underwear before the last SB and we have been playing like my underwear now looks, like shitt. So to blame anyone you first have to blame me. My bad. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Tim Couch won at Kentucky

Jamarcus Russell won at LSU

Johnny Manziel won at Tex AM

Mark Sanchez won at USC

etc. 

I see the effect here, but all these guys went to teams that we stole the laughing stock crown from (Browns, Raiders, Browns again, Jets). And with the exception of Sanchez, I recall them all having some kind of mental stuff going on.

Bit of a nitpick but point made. If you add Bryce to this list, maybe there is a theme here...in the world of NIL, "winners" at the college will be more selective in where they go.