• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brees and Payton template for Young

Jmac

Brees was the EXCEPTION. My God why can’t people see this. We didn’t outsmart anybody by drafting Bryce other than ourselves. In his prime Brees was NEVER A PROJECT. He was never just an ok QB before getting plugged in with Payton. 

In his second season in SD he threw for 3,200 yards and 17 TDs. His last 2 years in SD he threw 51 TDs while being sacked 55 times. He was already a stud before going to the Saints. 

he threw for at least 4,000 f-in yards EVERY SEASON from 2006 to 2018.  He threw for over 5,000 yards in 5 of those.

I really thought all of the Bryce people had given up by now. He’s not Drew Brees. He’s not throwing for 80,000 yards and 571 TDs over a 19 year career, while leading one of the most prolific offenses of all time. He would be lucky to have met the guy who once carried DB’s jock. 

Bryce is morale poison who throws hospital balls, 2 yard dump offs and pick 6s because he lacks the critical physical attributes to succeed in the NFL as well as the burning desire to BE A CHAMPION. He spent the offseason watching tv and playing video games. Every year wasted on him is a year wasted in developing other actual legitimate talent that exists on offense. Expect XL, the line, and pretty much the entire offense to regress if he starts next season. Canales gets it. It’s about making the Panthers win. Not Bryce. 

Imagine being his teammate and hearing that after his pathetic ass rookie season, he went home to watch tv and play video games in the offseason. Imagine what Thielen really thought when he first heard.

He should have hired a personal trainer and throwing coach the last day of the season. He needed to immerse himself deeper in to football, he chose to withdraw. he is not and will never be a champion.

Dan is putting together some good offensive talent that will be completely wasted with Bryce under center. He’s injected high level talent and veteran leadership on the offensive line. There are skill players with big play ability, who are running free. I’m trying to pump the brakes but this offense is shaping up to be pretty fun to watch, and it only took one offseason’s worth of moves. I don’t think we are as far as people say we are. 

So his big contract hit….  
Want to know why divorce is so expensive… because it’s worth it. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Canales has worked with Wilson, Smith & Mayfield. He didn't move on from them did he?

Reich & Canales have both benched Young. Young consumed a bulk of the Panthers' draft capital & free agency the past 2 seasons all for offense.

What will it take for people to realize Young isn't a professional athlete, nevermind a leader of professional athletes?

2 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

Canales has worked with Wilson, Smith & Mayfield. He didn't move on from them did he?

Reich & Canales have both benched Young. Young consumed a bulk of the Panthers' draft capital & free agency the past 2 seasons all for offense.

What will it take for people to realize Young isn't a professional athlete, nevermind a leader of professional athletes?

I mean saying he worked with Wilson is a stretch

• Beer 1

I mean, instead of Bryce Young think about a good QB with the offensive guys. AT Diontae XL Mingo Sanders Chuba the OL…

the only reason it would really suck is bad scheming and so far it looks like they aren’t horrible at that. The play designs were looking pretty good. I really liked a couple things I saw with how they are using misdirection almost setting a pick but not so it is legal. 
It is gonna be fun seeing what they can do. 

Edited by strato

1 hour ago, Gapanthersfan said:

Brees was the EXCEPTION. My God why can’t people see this. We didn’t outsmart anybody by drafting Bryce other than ourselves. In his prime Brees was NEVER A PROJECT. He was never just an ok QB before getting plugged in with Payton. 

In his second season in SD he threw for 3,200 yards and 17 TDs. His last 2 years in SD he threw 51 TDs while being sacked 55 times. He was already a stud before going to the Saints. 

he threw for at least 4,000 f-in yards EVERY SEASON from 2006 to 2018.  He threw for over 5,000 yards in 5 of those.

I really thought all of the Bryce people had given up by now. He’s not Drew Brees. He’s not throwing for 80,000 yards and 571 TDs over a 19 year career, while leading one of the most prolific offenses of all time. He would be lucky to have met the guy who once carried DB’s jock. 

Bryce is morale poison who throws hospital balls, 2 yard dump offs and pick 6s because he lacks the critical physical attributes to succeed in the NFL as well as the burning desire to BE A CHAMPION. He spent the offseason watching tv and playing video games. Every year wasted on him is a year wasted in developing other actual legitimate talent that exists on offense. Expect XL, the line, and pretty much the entire offense to regress if he starts next season. Canales gets it. It’s about making the Panthers win. Not Bryce. 

Imagine being his teammate and hearing that after his pathetic ass rookie season, he went home to watch tv and play video games in the offseason. Imagine what Thielen really thought when he first heard.

He should have hired a personal trainer and throwing coach the last day of the season. He needed to immerse himself deeper in to football, he chose to withdraw. he is not and will never be a champion.

Dan is putting together some good offensive talent that will be completely wasted with Bryce under center. He’s injected high level talent and veteran leadership on the offensive line. There are skill players with big play ability, who are running free. I’m trying to pump the brakes but this offense is shaping up to be pretty fun to watch, and it only took one offseason’s worth of moves. I don’t think we are as far as people say we are. 

So his big contract hit….  
Want to know why divorce is so expensive… because it’s worth it. 

One thing I know is that in 2023 everyone was waiting to see what the offense would look like. I never saw anything that looked like a plan. It was all shelled up out of the gate to protect the little over/underachiever.  
So here comes 2024 and anticipation and it still looks like Reich was in charge again. In the sense of being in a shell. You don’t get to see what the plan is.
He has shown nothing. Couple of decently placed (finally) thrown into a little traffic and a couple of downfield throws that made it close enough to the target to be caught. A scurry for a 1st here and there. And all kinds of fail in between. 
If anyone watches his film and sees a player, I want two of what they had. 

• Pie 1

I HATE the Saints but Drew Brees is one of the best to ever throw a football. He was a wizard and amazing. When I look at Bryce I dont see Drew Brees tangibles. Brees was actually fairly strong, he regularly worked out, his arm while perhaps not the strongest in the NFL was still a very solid arm and he had a football IQ better than most everyone elses. He did not fold under pressure and played with a very hot competitive fire. I have not seen any of that in Bryce unfortunately. Take Bryce and dump him on those Saints teams back then and I dont see how he could have even come close to replicating what Drew Brees did. You are talking about a first ballot hall of famer and had he played as many seasons Brady would probably hold the most yards and TD passes records. Brees was the best of the best, I just don't see that in Bryce at all.

23 minutes ago, KaseKlosed said:

Who had better weapons while in carolina? Cam newton or Bryce young? What QB has had a winning record and thrived in Carolina since Cam Newton? It is not the QB. It's the organization. This team is not built around the QB. 

Carolina has struggled developing QB's since Cam but it still doesnt change the fact that Bryce has shown to simply be a bad NFL QB.

Edited by Ricky Prickles
  • Pie 1

13 hours ago, Jmac said:

I know most fans dislike the Saints and Payton, but he figured out Brees. He somehow developed throwing lanes for the short QB.

Brees isn't much taller than young and doesn't have a cannon for an arm. Would it not be worth a shot to see what they did and how it works.

A strong Oline and running backs/WR's to compliment the QB (which they are working towards).

I propose that Canales see how Payton built the offense and developed throwing lanes for the short QB. Developed into a HOF QB by giving Brees a line of sight to see the entire field.

I know the hatred for the Saints/Payton, but he did something right to make Brees a great QB.

chris rock adult humor GIF

4 hours ago, Gapanthersfan said:

1000% this. By game 2 he should have realized his physical limitations. In fact, I’m very sure that hit him early.

At that point, it would have been clear accuracy and deep knowledge of nfl defenses would be the only way he could make it.

He should have been neck deep improving in these areas.

The fact that he wasnt, tells you what you need to know.

48 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Carolina has struggled developing QB's since Cam but it still doesnt change the fact that Bryce has shown to simply be a bad NFL QB.

What he said^^^^

Bryce is the worst looking one who ever got decent field time. Grier looked horrible but not for 18 game, there is no one close. Am I missing anybody? He has been inept. 

I am tempted to find that 3 minutes of Bryce's football follies video. Not what it's called, 3 minutes is in the title. 

• Beer 1