• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Another post-mortem of Bryce in Charlotte

28 minutes ago, jtm said:

Andy is going to get hurt, so Bryce will have another shot and he needs to be ready because it might be his last shot.  

Lolll somebody’s not watching this year, we have the 5th best pass blocking o-line this season. I’m starting to think he’ll have a little resurgence similar to Baker/Geno our coach has shown he can coach up a serviceable QB’s. I think the change is more about seeing if Canales has schemes that actually work, if our offense looks remotely effective with Andy we’ll know DC has something going on let’s keep building and get him more weapons and a above average QB.

4 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Our bet was that he was basically "pro-ready" between the ears. That blinded us to the physical limitations. 

I say that because I was one of those guys too.

I was in the same boat, although everyone knew he wasnt the most physically gifted athlete, but I guess one thing I didnt expect was the lack of perceived growth physically. I sort of assumed he was never going to be ripped, but I guess I assumed he would at least work at it more in the off season, maybe bulk up a bit, speed train etc, like most athletes do. This guy looks like the same kid we drafted 2 years ago, not one thats been in an NFL strength, conditioning, and nutrition program as his full time job with no other school distractions, etc.

Edited by Samppson
  • Beer 1

43 minutes ago, trucpfan said:

Lolll somebody’s not watching this year, we have the 5th best pass blocking o-line this season. I’m starting to think he’ll have a little resurgence similar to Baker/Geno our coach has shown he can coach up a serviceable QB’s. I think the change is more about seeing if Canales has schemes that actually work, if our offense looks remotely effective with Andy we’ll know DC has something going on let’s keep building and get him more weapons and a above average QB.

You know he hasn't played a full schedule since 2017, right?

3 hours ago, Waldo said:

Both 1st games each season he threw a bad pick and I personally think those broke him as much as the NFL level hits. He realized early that he has no magic at this level. He looked like a beat dog after this year's first pick and that was without a hit.

I remember listening to locked on Panthers after his first game in Atlanta and Julian emphasized how on the 1st pick, Bryce said he didn't bother to look off the safety. I don't know why that's always stuck with me. It made me think he expected this to come easy, and it's been anything but. This isn't 5 star vs 2 and 3 star recruits. They're all the elite of the 5 stars. 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

We have one of the best offensive lines in the league, we have two high draft picks, two good running backs, a high draft pick tight end, a coach picked specifically for Bryce. 

Chase Daniels did a breakdown. Bryce just doesn’t know where to go with the ball. He doesn’t understand protections, he doesn’t understand his progressions based on protections, and he can’t read defenses pre or post snap. 

So much for the "between the ears" nonsense. It was pretty obvious if you saw this guy play in college you could tell he was not NFL material.