• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Another post-mortem of Bryce in Charlotte

18 minutes ago, BrisbanePanther said:

This is the fairest take that I've read so far. Bryce's physical limitations + Carolina's (mostly well-meaning) misfires = our current situation

Apologies if already posted elsewhere.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/revisiting-bryce-young-nfl-draft-evaluation-what-went-wrong-carolina-panthers/

Our bet was that he was basically "pro-ready" between the ears. That blinded us to the physical limitations. 

I say that because I was one of those guys too.

• Pie 5

You see the criticism for drafting a guy with all the physical tools but lacking the mental side often. That's a situation you hope to be able to address through coaching and time so it'sunderstandable to take that leap. With Young there was never enough there to build up. I want to see him someplace like Miami so it can be confirmed. Teams should not be drafting limited tools guys in the first. Even Picket had better tools and he was a questionable later round 1st pick. Mac Jones had better tools and he was a questionable mid 1st pick.

Coaches and front offices need to be prepared to draft a guy and build him up because there are not enough Strouds coming out.

• Pie 3

56 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Our bet was that he was basically "pro-ready" between the ears. That blinded us to the physical limitations. 

As was I. In reading this article, it seems like we and others may have been justified in our belief that he actually may have been 'supercomputer' ready. What we didn't know was that the readiness may have been more fragile than expected, and getting NFL-hit clearly shook that readiness.

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, BrisbanePanther said:

As was I. In reading this article, it seems like we and others may have been justified in our belief that he actually may have been 'supercomputer' ready. What we didn't know was that the readiness may have been more fragile than expected, and getting NFL-hit clearly shook that readiness.

Both 1st games each season he threw a bad pick and I personally think those broke him as much as the NFL level hits. He realized early that he has no magic at this level. He looked like a beat dog after this year's first pick and that was without a hit.

1 hour ago, BrisbanePanther said:

This is the fairest take that I've read so far. Bryce's physical limitations + Carolina's (mostly well-meaning) misfires = our current situation

Apologies if already posted elsewhere.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/revisiting-bryce-young-nfl-draft-evaluation-what-went-wrong-carolina-panthers/

We have one of the best offensive lines in the league, we have two high draft picks, two good running backs, a high draft pick tight end, a coach picked specifically for Bryce. 

Chase Daniels did a breakdown. Bryce just doesn’t know where to go with the ball. He doesn’t understand protections, he doesn’t understand his progressions based on protections, and he can’t read defenses pre or post snap. 

• Pie 1

39 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

We have one of the best offensive lines in the league, we have two high draft picks, two good running backs, a high draft pick tight end, a coach picked specifically for Bryce. 

Chase Daniels did a breakdown. Bryce just doesn’t know where to go with the ball. He doesn’t understand protections, he doesn’t understand his progressions based on protections, and he can’t read defenses pre or post snap. 

I don't think he doesn't understand. He is just shell shocked and has no confidence anymore.

The problem is that not all young QB's are able to recover from that. TBQH, I would be very surprised if he does.

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't think he doesn't understand. He is just shell shocked and has no confidence anymore.

The problem is that not all young QB's are able to recover from that. TBQH, I would be very surprised if he does.

He’s shell shocked? He’s been playing like this since Week 1 of 2023. 

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

same. i believed the hype. he might be a great kid. i have no doubts about that. i just think that the game is too big for him in all regards now. he started playing to his size. 

maybe he can shake it all out and figure it out, but i don't think we need to be holding our breath and acting like he will. 

looking like we made a very costly mistake. the good thing is we have an owner who, even though he makes a lot of mistakes, he doesn't dig his heels in the ground. he may not admit them, but he sure doesn't take much time moving on from them.