• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Keeping it real about Bryce Young. Listen to those who actually watched film.

MRenshaw

So people forget, Plummer looked real bad those first two preseason games. Only time he looked decent, was after Young looked unstoppable. Remember those plays were against backups.

Don't be surprise if Andy looks better or worse, hey he didn't get any reps either during preseason. But the one thing Andy got going, he will take the risk. He will risk throwing more downfield, that alone should open things up. But take in account, Young was told when to take deep shots and when not to. There's the difference, Andy is a vet, he going do him, Young needs to learn only that, to be himself again.

You expect a brand new head coach to fix things over night. Especially one who really hasn't done anything but bankroll off the QB's he's been around. Did he actually have anything to do with their success?

Bryce has been playing poorly but he's not getting the help he needs. 

The real question, is this year's coaching staff better than last year's or worst?  

Same defense staff, but the defense is playing worse. 

3 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

So when the tape says something you disagree with it’s an excuse lol

No, when the tape shows things that people ignore to keep pushing their excuses in defense of poor play, that is just people ignoring facts in favor of their narratives. 

Alabama open vs NFL open, plenty of examples where he would not throw the ball, that poo happened all the time. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I am going to snip out what I wanted to respond to in your post"

6 hours ago, 7CLOWNS said:

Bryce has been playing poorly but he's not getting the help he needs. 

The real question, is this year's coaching staff better than last year's or worst?  

Same defense staff, but the defense is playing worse. 

You are saying that the same coaches are supposed to produce as good or better defense, and that the team did not give Young the help he needs. 

This is after an offseason where the defense has been plundered and made an into an afterthought, in the name of helping Bryce Young/the offense.

What am I missing?

On 9/19/2024 at 9:33 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

I mean, he nailed it. Yes. Exactly what he said.

2rpj00.gif

Except Bryce has no comparison to Baker or Sam. Both showed that they could play, and play well. Baker specifically set the record for touchdowns thrown by a rookie at the time. So that isn’t really applicable here. 

The best message comes from Kurt when he says that QB’s in college are effectively given one read and a scramble drill. That was Bryce at Alabama and that was my issue with him. People compared it to Mahomes and I was thinking it was more like Armanti Edwards, except Edwards would go through progressions in the pocket in college and showed that at Michigan in only his sophomore year. 

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, strato said:

No, when the tape shows things that people ignore to keep pushing their excuses in defense of poor play, that is just people ignoring facts in favor of their narratives. 

Alabama open vs NFL open, plenty of examples where he would not throw the ball, that poo happened all the time. 

No it didn’t, what narratives are they pushing? For who? 

I guess when the announcer said last week that Bryce was completing those throws he missed Sunday his rookie season was also part of the narrative.

7 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

No it didn’t, what narratives are they pushing? For who? 

I guess when the announcer said last week that Bryce was completing those throws he missed Sunday his rookie season was also part of the narrative.

You know what narratives. I shouldn't have to help you with this.

They have been going on for a year about it isn't Bryce's fault. They use the same WR, OL bad coaching stuff. Never his fault always something else. poo is is all over this board and the media.

Look I will agree with you when Bryce Young goes somewhere, wins the starting job, and proves it was never his fault.

12 hours ago, strato said:

More reasonable take from an ex non QB. 

Players generally don't bash other players outright. It must becan NFLPA thing and it makes sense. 

He's saying it without being harsh but he's saying it.