• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Keeping it real about Bryce Young. Listen to those who actually watched film.

MRenshaw

Kind of had enough for tonight but it would good to identify and expose the people who are trotting out the propaganda too.

Ahead of Dalton's results which could fuel them to double down, or send them back to come up with more rationalizations. 

I mean, most of that is former players that I am seeing. Funny how they are mostly not quarterbacks. Except for Ryan Leaf so far. Leaf didn't cite any film study that I remember it was the same excuses we've listened to for over a year. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

Our receivers were right there on the field, they also watched Bryce on film, and it sounds like they're looking forward to Dalton.

Xavier Legette on Andy Dalton: "He got a fine understanding of things. I like the way he throws the ball and how to position it, so I feel like we going be good... On the go balls, he knows the right timing and the right among of air... The deep ball that's something I feel I'm good at, and that's something I been working on at practice [with Andy]... I ain't talked to him [Bryce] about it [the benching] yet, but we just got to continue to play. Next man up, and it's Andy."

Diontae Johnson on Andy Dalton: "A vet who's been back there for a while and knows the game, so once you have a guy like that back there, it allows you to be yourself more... He takes a lot off our plate just by having that experience knowing what to do, getting us the right calls, knowing when the pressure is coming..." 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3
  • The D 1

3 minutes ago, MRenshaw said:

Our receivers were right there on the field, they also watched Bryce on film, and it sounds like they're looking forward to Dalton.

Xavier Legette on Andy Dalton: "He got a fine understanding of things. I like the way he throws the ball and how to position it, so I feel like we going be good... On the go balls, he knows the right timing and the right among of air... The deep ball that's something I feel I'm good at, and that's something I been working on at practice [with Andy]... I ain't talked to him [Bryce] about it [the benching] yet, but we just got to continue to play. Next man up, and it's Andy."

Diontae Johnson on Andy Dalton: "A vet who's been back there for a while and knows the game, so once you have a guy like that back there, it allows you to be yourself more... He takes a lot off our plate just by having that experience knowing what to do, getting us the right calls, knowing when the pressure is coming..." 

Yeah that with the Taylor Moton clip from yesterday...These guys have felt completely hamstrung the last two weeks

• Pie 2

6 hours ago, MRenshaw said:

Daniel Jeremiah keeping it real: "He was missing bubble screens. He was missing hitches. These are high school throws..."

I was genuinely surprised by how much push back I got on calling this the worst roster we have ever had in the offseason.

I don't think some of the more rosy glassed fans truly realize how bad it is here from top to bottom.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

12 hours ago, MRenshaw said:

You can count on Kurt Warner to keep it real. The most interesting part of the interview (around 20:05) is when Kurt Warner hints that people in the media don't know what they talk about because they don't watch film: "I'm always amazed when somebody can come on a show on Monday and evaluate all these players on a Monday..."

That's why so much of the cable sports shows suck and annoy the hell out of me. If you're a big fan of a team and watch every game and follow their every move, you quickly realize all these talking heads are just talking out their a$$ and repeating whatever narrative they've recently heard when discussing said team.

Edited by PantherFanInPhilly
  • Pie 1

11 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

The hard truth is that so far plummer has looked the best in Canales system. Bryce hasn't shown he should be playing over him outside of his draft status. 

Draft status/story/politics > performance

He will get another shot somewhere solely based on the “elite processor good kid Bama heisman” myth.

9 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

Anyone who watched film knows Bryce is playing with no confidence and should be benched. Both Warner and Daniel’s also broken down Bryce rookie season and both said that he has zero shot and wasn’t the reason for the panthers struggles.

Well they were wrong on that last part. He was most certainly a reason for the panthers struggles last year. He touched the ball every play.

The difference is you give the rookie a pass. 

He’s no longer getting a pass after a full year and offseason. 

• Pie 1

Ruiz tells it like it is. 
Watching these ex players and the ESPN shills and the whole thing, to me this is exposing all of them as ‘you can’t be that stupid so why are you lying for Bryce Young?’.

And I know how low the bar is theses days for common sense but still, a lot of people will be seeing through this. I hope. 

58 minutes ago, Panthering said:

Steven Ruiz of the Ringer who's also a Panthers fan is really speaking for a large part of Panthers fans mindsets in the media with this video.

This is the most accurate take out there right now.

Bryce got a fair shot. He showed nothing. It's time to move forward. Trotting him out there every week is a disservice to everyone, and will not only further destroy Bryce, it will destroy the team as well. The only way Bryce actually improves (with the probability of that happens being .0001%) is by sitting on the sidelines. The only way the team improves is with Bryce sitting on the sidelines.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1