• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Speaks

Jackie Lee

26 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Rayzor you sound crazy bro. You are nothing if you don't believe you are something.

People commit suicide every day because they don't believe in themselves. That's how you develop depression bro.

We can agree to disagree on this. I feel totally opposite. Everything starts with you believing in yourself. Im not a business owner if I didn't believe in myself. Working for other people and having to work and clock out on their time motivated me become my own boss. I will never convince others to believe in me because quite frankly I don't give a poo. Im self made fug what others think of me.

That's just me.

That's fine, and I see where you're coming from, but it won't win him the job back. Believing in himself isn't enough and it wasn't enough for you. You put in the work and you made it work. You were successful because you worked hard, not because you believed in yourself. Things fell right for you because you had the talent and because you had the right opportunities.

I'm all about people realizing they have value and are worthy of happiness, but that's something else.

Believing in yourself, that's ground zero if you want to accomplish something. That should be the baseline for everyone. But if you think that's enough, you're never going to get anywhere.

50 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Rayzor you sound crazy bro. You are nothing if you don't believe you are something.

People commit suicide every day because they don't believe in themselves. That's how you develop depression bro.

We can agree to disagree on this. I feel totally opposite. Everything starts with you believing in yourself. Im not a business owner if I didn't believe in myself. Working for other people and having to work and clock out on their time motivated me become my own boss. I will never convince others to believe in me because quite frankly I don't give a poo. Im self made fug what others think of me.

That's just me.

Believing in yourself falls in the category of ‘necessary but not sufficient’.  Eventually your performance must convince others…

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, bythenbrs said:

Believing in yourself falls in the category of ‘necessary but not sufficient’.  Eventually your performance must convince others…

How do you give peak performance without believing in yourself first?

You think a low self-esteem person will perform at peak performance on the job?

1 hour ago, AceBoogie said:

He did say that if you watch the full interview instead of clips .

Well good. I just want emotion out of the guy. Football is a game of emotion. This humble stoicism just doesn't work for me from team leaders.  Give me real 

Animated GIF

My first thought when Bryce throws a pick….

He has this child like devastated look. Like when I tell my kid the McDonalds ice cream machine is broken. It’s not a reaction that a man has, it’s immature and boyish. This game is for the biggest, strongest, fastest MEN in the world. Being a boy is not going to get it done.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 4

9 hours ago, Shocker said:

I don’t see how anyone could listen to this young man and not come away impressed.  He is accountable and showing very little ego which is saying a lot in today’s sports culture of divas.  He hasn’t played well but he is a leader

Maybe he will make a better coach than player because he’s impressed everywhere but on the field on game day. 

12 hours ago, mc52beast said:

Someone should ask him if he wishes he had refused to play for Tepper now that he knows how horrible he is as an owner.

He was gonna bust wherever he went. Too small too slow too weak.

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

That's just me.

Depression is a different subject altogether. I used to fall into that trap from time to time but then I dealt with adversity with my health and that changed my mindset entirely and rewired me so to speak.

You both make valid points. There's no one single fix that applies to everyone as an individual and their respective situation.

Confidence perspective the way you carry yourself leading by example and allowing yourself to be humbled because we all have or will in the journey of life.

No one here knows Bryce Young personally. We only know what he shows us and what he says. To this point I think it would be fair to say he's always seemed like he's following a script of some kind. If he has a shot as a QB in this league which he still could because he is a young guy he's got to wholesale switch up himself and ditch the meek puppy dog act. If you are going to be the smallest one out there amongst elite athletes you need to have a good amount of fire in your belly. If he cannot harness that as a tool in some capacity to try to overcome his lack of physicality then there is no path forward.

16 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

His body language is bad. The way he keeps shrugging his shoulders is dismissive. He's not accepting responsibility for his benching. I don't expect him to be here next year. He thinks it's the team's fault. I'm sure his inner circle (mom and dad) are telling him that too. 

35 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

His body language is bad. The way he keeps shrugging his shoulders is dismissive. He's not accepting responsibility for his benching. I don't expect him to be here next year. He thinks it's the team's fault. I'm sure his inner circle (mom and dad) are telling him that too. 

Have you ever played sports?

What do you mean his body language is bad?

Of course it is he just got benched! That's the most embarrassing thing as an athlete. This dude was the #1 overall pick. He's never been benched in his entire life until now. I get people are mad at the kid, but cmon this is nothing. Anyone would be pissed that another man took their position.

You ever break up with someone and then they decide they should work out,  get a job, etc.? 

Wherever he goes he will likely realize that getting stronger and working hard in the off-season really are good ideas.  That he really does need to plant his feet to throw the ball effectively at this level.  

Won't be enough though.

9 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

How do you give peak performance without believing in yourself first?

You think a low self-esteem person will perform at peak performance on the job?

are you creating self esteem out of thin air or are you building it from a sense of accomplishment?

you achieved because you got stuff done. you got stuff done because it was necessary to get it done. you had a goal and you got to work. you figured out what needed to be done and you got at it. and then you figured out what else needed to be done and you got after that, too. you achieved because you got after it. you started because it was necessary to get where you wanted to get.