• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Speaks

Jackie Lee

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

Bryce is super PR trained to talk.  That's all that is.  He gives the textbook correct thing to say at any point in time.  Dave Canales is pretty similar. 

I mean, Bryce sucks.  But Bryce is a good dude by all accounts, unlike Russell tries, etc.   Only so much hate you can give him.  He didn't draft himself.   The anger at this point should a NFL org that doesn't know what NFL talent and doesn't have the ability to make weak talent manageable. 

I think he's a good dude too. And I wanted him to work out cuz it's the best thing for us, but I'd like to see him use that anger as fuel to fix his issues and I'm not seeing that

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

hard to deny that if you are looking at the sum of 18 starts, that's largely true. 

Absolutely there were issues with the interior OL and the receivers last season could have been better but nobody else on the roster or staff threw those two pick sixes against the Colts.

Edited by frankw

13 minutes ago, strato said:

I would say he was the most predictable big time bust ever. I never understood the NFL projection.  He doesn't project. (didn't not doesn't)

J Russel got drug by most pre draft but the Raiders still took him on sheer athletic ability...and stupidity and everyone knew it. He played and won more games. That's freaking insane. Russel was like 300 lbs at one point. I would say a lot more people saw that coming than this one.

6 minutes ago, frankw said:

Absolutely there were issues with the interior OL and the receivers last season could have been better but nobody else on the roster or staff threw those two pick sixes against the Colts.

He got creamed too much but actually didn't have a bad average time to throw. 2.89 I belive. Some of that was on him too just like on Sunday

• Beer 1

If I hear how sweet of a good young man this kid is one more time lol

This is getting tiring. He is boring, his play is boring, he has like no energy, disguised as poise. Just don’t see an NFL QB and I’m going to be relieved when we’re on to our next bust.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

3 minutes ago, Waldo said:

J Russel got drug by most pre draft but the Raiders still took him on sheer athletic ability...and stupidity and everyone knew it. He played and won more games. That's freaking insane. Russel was like 300 lbs at one point. I would say a lot more people saw that coming than this one.

All I remember is Purple Drank whatever that was. I must have forgotten when he hit 300. But the arm was actually a tangible super tool. 

I will amend it to he is the most predictable bust drafted to the NFC and settle for a close second.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

If I hear how sweet of a good young man this kid is one more time lol

This is getting tiring. He is boring, his play is boring, he has like no energy, disguised as poise. Just don’t see an NFL QB and I’m going to be relieved when we’re on to our next bust.

Yeah I don't get it, I think it's a bit of a front. I remember start of last camp he wasn't even signing kids autographs at first until I'm assuming some PR person told him to. He just seems super sheltered and immature to me when it comes to dealing with anything outside of the little bubble he's been in his whole life. 

25 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

His interviews are the reason he earned this job. In a league full of prima donnas, he is a class act. Wish him the best. Just hope it’s elsewhere.

The Golden Calf of Bristol is a good dude but folks were ready to move on from him because he was a terrible QB. The same criteria that were used to judge The Golden Calf of Bristol apply to Bryce. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Manna said:

Yes, but the Lord can't make you care about your craft. He can't make you passionate about your game. He can't make you work on your deficiencies, you have to want to. Bryce hasn't shown that he wants to. I hope this lights a fire under him and instead of taking it as a victim, take it as a growth opportunity (as Canales puts it) and proves everyone wrong about him (myself included). 

The Lord helps those who help themselves is so true. 

1 minute ago, Manna said:

The Golden Calf of Bristol is a good dude but folks were ready to move on from him because he was a terrible QB. The same criteria that were used to judge The Golden Calf of Bristol apply to Bryce. 

And every other QB. As it should be.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Waldo said:

He got creamed too much but actually didn't have a bad average time to throw. 2.89 I belive. Some of that was on him too just like on Sunday

Simply put all the information at our disposal regarding the blame level of the supporting cast is skewed because Bryce has been the QB.

Currently our sample size for the last 19 games is

Bryce Young 18

Andy Dalton 1

When we see how this offense looks after at least 2-3 games of Dalton behind center we will have an answer regarding the question of supporting cast. I am so ready to get an answer one way or another so we can have confirmation and move forward with a solution however things go from here.

• Beer 3