• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bill Barnwell defends Bryce's benching with some horrific stats

Dorian Gray

Last year I kept saying yes to the offense line, WR(minus AT), TE are playing bad. BUT SO IS BY, he was not helping in the few spots he could. 

BY just isnt on the same savior level as Cam, burrow, luck, or stroud in the sense that their play can make up for the teams shortcomings. He needs top 5 OL, top 5 WR, top 5 TE and top 5 RB to be successful...

8 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Last year I kept saying yes to the offense line, WR(minus AT), TE are playing bad. BUT SO IS BY, he was not helping in the few spots he could. 

BY just isnt on the same savior level as Cam, burrow, luck, or stroud in the sense that their play can make up for the teams shortcomings. He needs top 5 OL, top 5 WR, top 5 TE and top 5 RB to be successful...

That was the bullshit part. He had clean pockets and he had open receivers, and it was being ignored so people could push the excuse narratives. 

I mean, there were fewer times these things were there, but erasing the times they were is a dishonest argument. IMO. 

• Beer 2

3 hours ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

You know, as bad as he was last year, he really HAS been so much worse this year. It makes me think there's something else going on here beyond just typical regression.

You have to remember his best game last year was on Christmas Eve and everything since has been a complete disaster. 

Bryce said himself he spent the offseason away from football, instead choosing to watch Netflix, YouTube, TikTok and whatever the fug else 23 year olds who are still babied by their parents act.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

The offensive is graded out and has performed at a top 5 level so far this season.....

Screenshot_20240918_180005_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240918_180022_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240918_180036_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240918_180048_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240918_175948_Chrome.jpg

2 hours ago, Basbear said:

That’s why he was never the answer. He falls into the game manager category. We started out in a better position with Teddy 5 to 6 years ago but everyone was so spoiled due to Cams success.  We should have continued to draft playmakers and build around Darnold. Not saying he’s the answer but if we had DJ and a receiver like Malik Nabers or MHJ you don’t have to be Mahomes. 

Which is why I say we shouldn't be opposed to a trade by the deadline. Better to get off him now before everybody else figures it out. If they think the organization is to blame somebody should be willing to give up a good pick for him. Simple as that.