• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dave Canales benched Bryce

Frank9999

So positive.

He seems capable of being a no nonsense harass if he needs to be - that’s positive. 

Like much of what he is doing. He is a great communicator. 

The stuff I haven’t been crazy about, nothing has been critical yet. Some missteps here and there. 

He wins for me benching Young I thought we would have to watch that crap every Sunday. Or not watch. 

If he can gain Tepper’s respect and handle him, let’s go,  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

31 minutes ago, Frank9999 said:

I think he definitely got Teppers approval but this was his move. And it sends an awesome message to the team too, that no matter who you are, playing like crap isn't acceptable. 
I love it. Anyone bashing the Panthers for this is clueless.  

IMO we do a variation of this every season. 

everything aligns with it being Tepper.

people just want it to be Canales.  Because it should be in a well run org.  We know we aren’t. 

27 minutes ago, strato said:

So positive.

He seems capable of being a no nonsense harass if he needs to be - that’s positive. 

Like much of what he is doing. He is a great communicator. 

The stuff I haven’t been crazy about, nothing has been critical yet. Some missteps here and there. 

He wins for me benching Young I thought we would have to watch that crap every Sunday. Or not watch. 

If he can gain Tepper’s respect and handle him, let’s go,  

Canales hasn't been put in a high stress scenario yet because both games were blow outs. Next step if Dalton makes us look like an actual NFL offense will be if Canales can actually manage time outs and make the right calls when/if the game is close and on the line. He's schemed guys open but still need to see it in an actual competitive context

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

Canales hasn't been put in a high stress scenario yet because both games were blow outs. Next step if Dalton makes us look like an actual NFL offense will be if Canales can actually manage time outs and make the right calls when/if the game is close and on the line. He's schemed guys open but still need to see it in an actual competitive context

He’s a rookie too.  We just need to see flashes.

• Beer 3

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yes. And we should all expect some growing pains. I am going to try and look at it like, "well, he will learn from this. And we are one step closer to a higher pick" haha those are my standards for this season. 

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Thank you. Everyone in the media is acting like he took a 180 but he was careful with how he worded that. 

WTF was he supposed to say right after the game? 

We don't know that the decision was yet made at that moment. I don't think it would have been. 

• Pie 3