• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker Mayfield on Bryce Young

NAS

10 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Seems like a good dude and I'd be happy if he found success but I think in the next week or two we start seeing the same old Darnold again.

He is honestly a worse version of Jameis. Darnold is capable of making most NFL throws, but the dude will just make about 5 WTF passes a game and you just pray they don't result in a catastrophe happening.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

18 minutes ago, NAS said:

Yeah I am not sold on Canales, this game against the Raiders will be telling

He is at the stage right now where taking his game up a notch would make a visible difference, things would advance. It goes on like that for a while and then we are down to that last 5% that separates people. 

I guess I mean, if he is a quick learner the strides will be longer at first.

• Pie 1

26 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Baker played under Tepper's missmanagement and now plays them twice a year. Why would he not be smiling while stirring that pot? Good for him.

Also does Tampa look like they miss DC? I didn't catch their games at all but they look to be putting up better numbers without him.

Too early to tell. They honestly didn't do much offensively against the Lions and the Lions kept shooting themselves in the foot on offense (mostly thanks to Goff). I think I read that the expected score of that game was like the Lions 32 and Tampa 20 (something close to that). And then beating up on Washington's defense isn't much - pretty sure the Giants would have scored 30+ if they had a kicker in the game.

• Beer 1

I don't see how people fall into the same repeated traps.  Sam Darnold has told everyone what he is.   A billion times.  

He will occasionally have decent games.  Especially early in a season.  And especially when throwing to the literal best WR in the game of football. 

Sam Darnold is not a good NFL QB

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, scpanther22 said:

Its pretty clear most of the NFL people are siding with Bryce and most of the team fans are putting it moslty on Bryce 

The peers sure are but that is normal and given the history expected. The media experts are turning but the ones that went hard for him are still trying to twist the narrative to make him look good. They obviously do not watch the games this year which isn't surprising. 

10 minutes ago, scpanther22 said:

Its pretty clear most of the NFL people are siding with Bryce and most of the team fans are putting it moslty on Bryce 

....2-16 is a sufficient sample size with 10 games no TD's....He was behind the eight ball just on his physical attributes, add in he was drafted by thee most dysfunctional organization in the NFL...he just never had a chance. Now hes just shell shocked and that will be hard to overcome.

26 minutes ago, GoDaddyGo said:

Yeah I heard Tepper told Baker to throw at the linemans head every other play so he could be in position to draft Bryce. 

He could have just kept Rhule and ended up with the #1 pick if that was his master plan. Plus Baker didn't play much in the rotation under Wilks. 

16 minutes ago, scpanther22 said:

I don't see why so many are making this hard

we drafted a QB that doesn't have the tools to be a good NFL QB

THEN we choose to set the table for it to go as bad as it possibly could go.  So whatever he could of been (which wasn't going to be good enough)......we made sure it never happened. 

Two things can be true.  Generally in life multiple things are true.  All discussion boils down to it has to be one and if it is one...it can't be the other. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

19 minutes ago, CRA said:

I don't see how people fall into the same repeated traps.  Sam Darnold has told everyone what he is.   A billion times.  

He will occasionally have decent games.  Especially early in a season.  And especially when throwing to the literal best WR in the game of football. 

Sam Darnold is not a good NFL QB

We'll see. I disagree, and I think he has the tools to be a quality NFL starter. His career as a starter has been for the Gase Jets and the Rhule Panthers. I don't see how he could be judged for his quarterbacking abilities on either of those flaming shitwrecks. I think on a decent squad he could look like a Derek Carr or Kirk Cousins. Not a world beater. But wins more games than he loses, and feed the ball to an outstanding WR. Not a tall order, but he never really had that opportunity before now.

This is a prove-it season for Darnold. My belief is he's a starting caliber QB. But like I said, we'll see.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Captroop said:

We'll see. I disagree, and I think he has the tools to be a quality NFL starter. His career as a starter has been for the Gase Jets and the Rhule Panthers. I don't see how he could be judged for his quarterbacking abilities on either of those flaming shitwrecks. I think on a decent squad he could look like a Derek Carr or Kirk Cousins. Not a world beater. But wins more games than he loses, and feed the ball to an outstanding WR. Not a tall order, but he never really had that opportunity before now.

This is a prove-it season for Darnold. My belief is he's a starting caliber QB. But like I said, we'll see.

just to be clear, I have never questioned Sam Darnold's physical tools.  But that's essentially the trap. 

Sam Darnold is an athlete with great physical tools.  He isn't a NFL QB between the ears.  That's what has been proven.   Carr and Cousins are better above the shoulders. 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, CRA said:

just to be clear, I have never questioned Sam Darnold's physical tools.  But that's essentially the trap. 

Sam Darnold is an athlete with great physical tools.  He isn't a NFL QB between the ears.  That's what has been proven.   Carr and Cousins are better above the shoulders. 

That's certainly a possibility. But I wonder if that's something that could be developed. He had 1 year with Shanahan. Which means he's had exactly 1 year of development to this point in his career.

40 minutes ago, Captroop said:

pie for "flaming shitwreck".  well done.

• Beer 1

Great players elevate your team. Look at Catlin Clark. Comes in as a rookie with a lot of weight on her shoulders and lights up the league. The entire team is better because of her. Don’t give me that “not a good supporting cast” BS. 

great players find ways to win and Bryce Young is not one of them.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 3