• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker Mayfield on Bryce Young

NAS

I took a two year break where I just read the scores and didn't listen or watch. Tepper just took a lot of the fun away I didn't want Rhule, it was just ...break time.

So I missed whatever Darnold people complain about. What I saw in 2022 was almost there and had the tool set. Not slow. Tall, great arm,  was rooting for him and thought if Wilks stayed and Darnold stayed maybe they could be pretty good.

I don't have the scorn for him that a lot of people do. I suppose I'm rooting for him but you know, fug Minnesota totally. Except when they play the Saints lol. 

Edited by strato

2 minutes ago, strato said:

I took a two year break where I just read the scores and didn't listen or watch. Tepper just took a lot of the fun away I didn't want Rhule, it was just ...break time.

So I missed whatever Darnold people complain about. What I saw in 2022 was almost there and had the tool set. Not slow. Tall, great arm,  was rooting for him and thought if Wilks stayed and Darnold stayed maybe they could be pretty good.

I don't have the scorn for him that a lot of people do. I suppose I'm rooting for him but you know, fug Minnesota totally. Except when they play the Saints lol. 

He actually looked about the same as a Panthers game on a good day, but a little more comfortable in the pocket. Watching the full game highlights his arm is obviously stronger than Purdy, who's arm is stronger than Bryce. Benching Bryce is probably a lot more direct and less fuged up than what was going on with Darnold/Baker/Cam getting shaken up and drawing one of their names out of a hat kinda strategy. I'm cool w Dalton but I'd also take any of those three and Teddy over Bryce any day

• Pie 2
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, NAS said:

Darnold looks different to me this time. He’s no loner panicking or getting happy feet when pressured, steps up into the pocket and delivers the ball. I am definitely rooting for him to succeed 

Seems like a good dude and I'd be happy if he found success but I think in the next week or two we start seeing the same old Darnold again.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Baker played under Tepper's missmanagement and now plays them twice a year. Why would he not be smiling while stirring that pot? Good for him.

Also does Tampa look like they miss DC? I didn't catch their games at all but they look to be putting up better numbers without him.

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Baker played under Tepper's missmanagement and now plays them twice a year. Why would he not be smiling while stirring that pot? Good for him.

Also does Tampa look like they miss DC? I didn't catch their games at all but they look to be putting up better numbers without him.

Yeah I am not sold on Canales, this game against the Raiders will be telling

• Beer 2

8 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Yeah I heard Tepper told Baker to throw at the linemans head every other play so he could be in position to draft Bryce. 

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Seems like a good dude and I'd be happy if he found success but I think in the next week or two we start seeing the same old Darnold again.

Darnold is fine until he has to play off script. Mentally he just doesn’t have what the great ones do. If he can play within the structure of a friendly offense and know his reads ahead of time he typically looks good. That makes him a top tier backup/lower end bridge QB in this league IMO. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

19 minutes ago, NAS said:

Yeah I am not sold on Canales, this game against the Raiders will be telling

Me neither but there is a lot of stuff I need to see with how bad the breakdown at QB was and just the dysfunction it caused.  

Everyone is focusing too much on Sam Darnold.  Kevin O'Connell is a very good play caller.  

I'm not sold on Darnold, but as long as everyone arounds him stays healthy, he should have a decent year with KOC at the helm.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3