• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker Mayfield on Bryce Young

NAS

31 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

Panthers organization has claimed another victim. They never should’ve put him on the field last year with that horrible supporting cast. Now we get to roll with Dalton who might get us 5-6 wins and no possibility of drafting a top tier QB.

There doesn't seem to be a Caleb Williams in this draft and there are 5 or 6 QBs projected around the same (1st round). Beck, Ward, Moss, Sanders, Ewers...unless Dalton goes on a Flacco-esque playoff run, at least one of those guys will be available if Canales wants them.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Canales told him what to do he isn’t doing it. That alone is cause for being pulled.

123 plant throw.  He did it in the preseason. 

He may be able to adapt if he takes serious time and completely dedicates himself to rebuilding that tippy toe abomination into NFL worthy form.  It is going to take him serious time to evolve into sound technique. 
He has to maximize what he has; he will never thrive doing the stuff his way. IMO. Those ducks. 

• Pie 4

34 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Baker is undersized but he's "normal undersized" and he has a legit NFL arm.

Bryce is historically small and has one of the weakest arms on an NFL roster. Bryce Young is cooked.

Baker is also a natural competitor/dawg. I don't really think Bryce is gonna bark at anyone or ever get involved in a scrum in the heat of the moment. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

20 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Sam Darnold won here too.  For about a month.

Right. Darnold will 100% regress to the mean in a few games.

Baker is doing great, good for him.

The media, however, is acting like both of these players started their career here and we failed them.

• Pie 4

4 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

The media, however, is acting like both of these players started their career here and we failed them.

Yeah, I believe in Baker. I think he's gonna be fine. I don't think he's ever going to be a elite but he's a solid middle of the road starter. Darnold is Darnold. He looks good for a few games but as soon as opposing DCs gets a few games of film on him in a particular offensive system it's a wrap. The guy just be situationally predictable as fug because once they get him dialed it's just game over. He turns into typical Darnold.

11 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

Yeah , agree. I made note of that too. They are just worthless. Dishonest but it helps their case so it's okay. If they do it.

Edited by strato

26 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, I believe in Baker. I think he's gonna be fine. I don't think he's ever going to be a elite but he's a solid middle of the road starter. Darnold is Darnold. He looks good for a few games but as soon as opposing DCs gets a few games of film on him in a particular offensive system it's a wrap. The guy just be situationally predictable as fug because once they get him dialed it's just game over. He turns into typical Darnold.

Darnold looks different to me this time. He’s no loner panicking or getting happy feet when pressured, steps up into the pocket and delivers the ball. I am definitely rooting for him to succeed 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2