• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Heres some good in the ocean of awful....

Basbear

18 hours ago, Captain Morgan said:

just posted in the draft thread.

our second round pick is looking better now.  Remember when we somehow got the Rams to trade their second next year to move up?

Well they are 0-2 and have serious injury problems.  One power ranking today had that 2nd round pick as #7.  Keep your fingers crossed they keep losing.  

The downside of that is, if we would've traded Burns to them we would've had their first round pick too!! Lol

5 hours ago, HPPantherzfan said:

I'm really impressed with the o-line.  I wasn't expecting much from them but seeing how they are playing now knowing they still have a ton of room to grow as they play and get to know one another's tendencies; this could be the making of a really, dare I say, good o-line.  I also think when given a chance the RB's have done well, both of them.  

Agree it is maybe the best move to turn this around that could have been made.

They are building front to back, inside to out, which a lot of people live by as the best way to build. 

4 hours ago, jb2288 said:

Some of this stuff is factually incorrect  like the cap next year, but regardless I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt. If you want to blame him instead of Fitt, that’s fair but I’m taking the other approach as it seems he is trying to rip the bandaid off and fix the Fitt junk this season by taking it head on. I liked what he did this offseason 

He’s right about the cap. We are 19th with cap space in 2025 at about $43M. That is also without a starting QB, WR1 (DJ), LB (Shaq), C (Corbett) and P (Hekker). We also suck and need to get better so we’ll be using the rest of that cap quickly and probably restructure so we’ll start eating into 2026’s cap as well.

11 minutes ago, strato said:

Agree it is maybe the best move to turn this around that could have been made.

They are building front to back, inside to out, which a lot of people live by as the best way to build. 

It better be. Right now, without a starting center, we have $89M (more than 1/3) in cap taken up by the other 4 OL. Thank goodness we don’t have anyone else on offense worth paying.

40 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

It better be. Right now, without a starting center, we have $89M (more than 1/3) in cap taken up by the other 4 OL. Thank goodness we don’t have anyone else on offense worth paying.

Yeah I would probably have moved Icky inside and not bought one of those guards at that money. But that leaves another hole to fill. It's a puzzle alright with the money being so huge. 

5 hours ago, t96 said:

What moves has he made that are objectively good so far? The guard signings seem to be fine on the field but paying that much $ to the interior OL which is quite a bit easier to get in the draft than OTs is still a questionable decision IMO. Defense is an absolute mess all around, probably the worst pass rush we've seen in team history. Our cap situation is a disaster this year and next with the roster being terrible all around. Draft was underwhelming with zero immediate contributors. Dan was a significant part of the front office that led to most of this mess and this offseason did nothing to show that we're on the path to turning it around. 

Okay this is because of something I was really down on doing, and it is the overcompensating to help Bryce Young do his job. That is chasing a poor investment. You don't NEED the best two guards or the most expensive two guards for everybody. 

You take the IR'd RB a little too early to beat Dallas to him, because of his receiving component being that strong and again, that was done for the same reason, they thought they needed to have more than the average around him. 

It was just sad to see for me. And the defense was also pilfered to enable that overcompensating. I will be so happy when that guy is out of the equation and they can build for a player that doesn't need as much help. 

The ripple effects of that decision affected practically every move.

It is like robbing from your business to cover your gambling debts 

Edited by strato