• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Heres some good in the ocean of awful....

Basbear

6 hours ago, panthers55 said:

I dont think you can do much evaluation of offensive players until we have a legitimate QB. Call me a Homer but I think Dalton will be a huge upgrade and make the offense look like an NFL style offense this week.

I'm with you. We're gonna shock the world (from one Homer to another)! 

12 hours ago, Captain Morgan said:

just posted in the draft thread.

our second round pick is looking better now.  Remember when we somehow got the Rams to trade their second next year to move up?

Well they are 0-2 and have serious injury problems.  One power ranking today had that 2nd round pick as #7.  Keep your fingers crossed they keep losing.  

That would be a nice bonus since the pick we gave the Bears is looking like #1 and after watching our picks from SF for CMC get worse and worse every week and turn into a throw in pick for Young and DJ Johnson. We’ve been on the losing end of making trades and having the draft picks we gave away become stellar and picks we got get worse.

I'm really impressed with the o-line.  I wasn't expecting much from them but seeing how they are playing now knowing they still have a ton of room to grow as they play and get to know one another's tendencies; this could be the making of a really, dare I say, good o-line.  I also think when given a chance the RB's have done well, both of them.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, jb2288 said:

I thought the thread bashing Morgan yesterday was odd. He has done a great job with no core to build off of in one offseason. Lookin forward to a full year for him 

What moves has he made that are objectively good so far? The guard signings seem to be fine on the field but paying that much $ to the interior OL which is quite a bit easier to get in the draft than OTs is still a questionable decision IMO. Defense is an absolute mess all around, probably the worst pass rush we've seen in team history. Our cap situation is a disaster this year and next with the roster being terrible all around. Draft was underwhelming with zero immediate contributors. Dan was a significant part of the front office that led to most of this mess and this offseason did nothing to show that we're on the path to turning it around. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, t96 said:

What moves has he made that are objectively good so far? The guard signings seem to be fine on the field but paying that much $ to the interior OL which is quite a bit easier to get in the draft than OTs is still a questionable decision IMO. Defense is an absolute mess all around, probably the worst pass rush we've seen in team history. Our cap situation is a disaster this year and next with the roster being terrible all around. Draft was underwhelming with zero immediate contributors. Dan was a significant part of the front office that led to most of this mess and this offseason did nothing to show that we're on the path to turning it around. 

Some of this stuff is factually incorrect  like the cap next year, but regardless I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt. If you want to blame him instead of Fitt, that’s fair but I’m taking the other approach as it seems he is trying to rip the bandaid off and fix the Fitt junk this season by taking it head on. I liked what he did this offseason 

1 hour ago, jb2288 said:

Some of this stuff is factually incorrect  like the cap next year, but regardless I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt. If you want to blame him instead of Fitt, that’s fair but I’m taking the other approach as it seems he is trying to rip the bandaid off and fix the Fitt junk this season by taking it head on. I liked what he did this offseason 

we'll see dude, but I've been optimistic like this every year under Tepper until now and it's come back to bite me every single time. I'm trying ringo, I'm trying real hard to have any amount of optimism about this team/Morgan/Canales, but in the words of Jules from Pulp Fiction, that sh*t ain't the truth. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

I like Dalton and I think he'll make the games more fun to watch on Sundays. He's a real pro in that he'll step up into the pocket and deliver the ball. He should have a good clean pocket with our extremely expensive interior o-linemen. Dalton will throw a dumb pick here and there, but so did Brady. Just play like a pro QB and we've got a chance.

• Pie 1