• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would quarterbacks avoid Carolina Panthers in NFL Draft?

jayboogieman

I am still just flabbergasted that some of these so called experts continue on with how we did Bryce.  It is straight up simple, he sucks!  It has nothing to do with the talent around him, nothing, if he were on the 49'ers guess what?  He would still suck!  He just isn't an NFL QB, there is nothing he has shown to prove otherwise.  H3ll a broken clock is right twice a DAY, Bryce hasn't been right twice in over a year, he is JUST NOT GOOD!

But on topic, no, no QB is going to do this

• If I recall correctly the whole Eli thing wasn't because Eli didn't want to play there it was because his dad had beef with the Chargers front office.
  • There has now, nor ever been proof that Andrew Luck stayed in school an extra year to avoid us and if he did, that was under a different regime

Any QB that belongs in the number 1 pick, and I'm sure even Bryce was of this mindset, has to come in knowing they are on the worst team in the NFL and believing they can change that.

The media shot callers need a narrative to cover that they got it completely wrong. They crowned him and in reality he is laughably bad. It exposed them for the echo chamber yes men lemmings that they really are. They take their marching orders and report as ordered until the narrative is allowed to change from their shot callers. Anything that paints one of the chosen CFB programs negatively is never going to be a headline.

Don’t expect it to change in to an ‘our bad’ we got it wrong any time soon, at least on the big stage. 

Our line may start getting some credence eventually but the Bryce turmoil may need to simmer down first. 

There’s quite a few teams they need to boycott then. Most teams drafting at the top are questionable organizations. 

Just a bunch of media heads who can’t admit they were wrong about Bryce. Hell, most of us who actually watch the games knew Bryce wasn’t it or going to work out around game 3 or 4 last year. If he was worth a damn, he would’ve shown some flashes last year. He had a good 4th qtr against the Packers last year. That’s it. 

Edited by AggieLean

lat time I remember this actually happening was in the early  80's when John Elway said he would go play for the NY Yankess before he would suit up &  play for the Baltimore Colts 

Edited by bandu

1 hour ago, AggieLean said:

Just a bunch of media heads who can’t admit they were wrong about Bryce. 

I know this is a popular cope on this forum, but I think it's a cynical take.

True--they could all be covering for being wrong about Bryce, but they're wrong about other prospects and deals and those franchises don't draw the ire that's been directed at Charlotte.

Also true--the Carolina Panthers has been one of the worst run mom-and-pop franchises in modern US sports history. The Panthers are such as easy target that the media can loudly point at the franchises track record (especially with Tepper) and no one will contradict them...because they kinda can't.

Let's face it. Our franchise is mediocre trash, and other than lucking into a few decent seasons outside the Cam years, has usually been mediocre trash in a market most media types don't care about. Doesn't excuse Bryce, but easily explains why all but a handful of media types point at the team and not the player. Easy pickins.