• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would quarterbacks avoid Carolina Panthers in NFL Draft?

jayboogieman

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I mean, I'd try. Not sure if I'd go full Eli to do it but I'd definitely have my agent dropping hints to the Panthers' front office that all else being equal I'd prefer to be somewhere else.

Just fail the S2 and be rude at dinner.  It’s not hard

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

I mean, I get it but it's easy for Florio to tell these other people what decisions they should make regarding their future career.

Right now the narrative nationally is that Bryce's failure is 100% on Tepper and the Panthers organization. If/when Andy Dalton comes in and plays much better I think a lot of that will die down as people begin to realize that, along with the many failures the organization made around him, Bryce himself was also just not playing well enough.

I also think if Dave Canales can show that he's a good offensive mind and playcaller that will help relieve any anxiety regarding the team from QB prospects. Also, I think the notion of prospects refusing to play for certain teams is overblown. It's only happened a few times ever and there have been some very bad teams picking #1, which BTW, we aren't by any means guaranteed to be picking. It's still just week 3.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

Fine. None of them is going to be anything in the nfl anyway.  We need an edge rusher ss well. We will just run it back with the Red Rifle.

Disagree. I REALLY like Cam Ward. I liked him at Washington State and he's been even better with Miami so far. I'd 100% draft him with the 1st pick.

2 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

Disagree. I REALLY like Cam Ward. I liked him at Washington State and he's been even better with Miami so far. I'd 100% draft him with the 1st pick.

Not a chance if he comes here. This place will curse a rookies career.

2 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Fine. None of them is going to be anything in the nfl anyway.  We need an edge rusher ss well. We will just run it back with the Red Rifle.

He may be able to do two more years and still be effective. This would give them time to turn the Sh%t around and give Canales a chance to establish himself and right the ship.

3 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

This is based off something Florio came up with. Donnelly states where Florio goes off the rails is when he says the whole QB class should refuse to play for Carolina.

If so, I don't get it unless they just hate our owner/city. You'll have 1 of the better olines in the NFL with solid (possibly better) weapons.

Or you can go to a bears type team that has the kind of oline that will end your career in a hurry