• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wednesday practice/presser

Jackie Lee

3 minutes ago, Gapanthersfan said:

Are we seeing the beginning of Wilks Jr? Did he snatch his man card out from under the brass balls? 

I will say, his answers to the reporters questions had a ‘this is my team’ undertone. I bet there is a text message on his phone from Sunday evening from Morgan. It’s time. 

Bryce was unquestionably his QB after the loss

after the meeting, Dalton was the starter 

he point blank was given several opportunities to say it was his call and Tepper supported the move.  He refused and couldn't.  he would dance around a bunch of bologna like "i had a thought" and stuff like that.  It's pretty clear IMO what happened. 

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

Is it a concern on your part that it might affect his confidence? "My concern is the football team, I wish I could answer it different but that's truly it"

Damn coach

This was the most telling statement made in the entire presser.  He is a football coach, not a child psychologist. 

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 5
  • Beer 3

47 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Is it a coincidence that Tepper was at practice today--talking to players (Dalton being one of them?)

Many moons ago, I gave serious brain waves towards figuring out the stock market. Years later I still havnt the smallest clue.......*BUT hedge fund guys like tepper once they identify a losing stock, they cut bait without thinking about the process it took in getting the stock. 

I think he did this with frank as well, he came to conclusion that frank can not fix the team and fired him without thinking 9 months ago he gave him a 4 year deal. 

Heres another thought Ive had recently. Hes seen lots of football minded people make mistake after mistake, given his massive ego.......tepper believes in his heart of hearts he can do better. 

In closing Im still pissed at Mary herniay. He went out and hired matt rhule and thats where this whole panther ship started to sink. I hated rhule, but I reminded myself- " YEA BAS, marty hired fox and rivera, those are two solid overall hires...." That set the whole QB hell-hole and if there were decent NFL people on staff, baker or darnold would have worked out well enough not to trade moore and prime picks for middle school QB that our scouts handed pick to save this sunken ship.... 

Edited by Basbear

Personally,  I don't believe it matters one bit how Bryce getting benched went down.  It needed to happen for the team.  I also don't care if he's pissed, sad, shocked or whatever other feels he might be having.

I'm just excited at the possibility of seeing the semblance of a functioning NFL offense from this team come Sunday.   I'm excited that maybe our defense won't be pure garbage solely because they've spent 80% of the game on the field 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1