• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The 2025 QB free agents, who would you sign?

Jmac

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

I basically detailed out in the Sam Howell thread why guys like Winston are not long term viable candidates in the modern NFL.

The game has just shifted away from highly TO prone gunslingers.

I dunno - it worked out pretty well for Cleveland last year with Flacco until he crapped the bed in the playoffs against Houston.

And we still haven't gotten a chance to see Winston long term since getting lasik. He looked good for the Saints before getting hurt a few years ago.

8 minutes ago, fanpanther said:

Its possible he does well this year if so I will have to respond to this post eating crow, if he gets benched in next few weeks for wilson or allen it will say alot. But so far this year Byoung averaged 122 yards a game and fields average 136. 

What does it say about the opposing QB that he got beat by a QB throwing 136 yards?

Fields was never a big passing yardage guy to begin with. They basically asking him to run the ball and don't turn the ball over. He's doing his job.

Jimmy G, M. Rudolph or PJ Walker. Rudolph does have some pretty good stats last year despite limited playing time. He may finally be developing into an NFL QB. Could be a needle in the haystack.

And I think holding out on Manning is the best move. I believe he will be a generational QB.

1 minute ago, Xtreme said:

Jimmy G, M. Rudolph or PJ Walker. Rudolph does have some pretty good stats last year despite limited playing time. He may finally be developing into an NFL QB. Could be a needle in the haystack.

And I think holding out on Manning is the best move. I believe he will be a generational QB.

The Manning's are not letting their nephew play for the worst owner in the NFL.

This Manning talk is just a pipe dream.

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

The Manning's are not letting their nephew play for the worst owner in the NFL.

This Manning talk is just a pipe dream.

Unless Dalton or whoever we sign next year makes us competitive, at the very least. But then again, if we start to win games, we would miss out on him. Assuming we don't trade for the top spot again. 

1 minute ago, Xtreme said:

Unless Dalton or whoever we sign next year makes us competitive, at the very least. But then again, if we start to win games, we would miss out on him. Assuming we don't trade for the top spot again. 

Even if we get the #1 pick he could stay in college to avoid us. Or he could simply demand he's not reporting to Carolina.

This is the Manning's they have power to get him to a decent franchise. It sounds good on paper, but in reality they won't let him play for Carolina.

17 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Even if we get the #1 pick he could stay in college to avoid us. Or he could simply demand he's not reporting to Carolina.

This is the Manning's they have power to get him to a decent franchise. It sounds good on paper, but in reality they won't let him play for Carolina.

Yeah, I can see that happening, but my only thing is, whoever he goes to, it's going to be a bad team. Not a whole lot of difference between us and say Denver, Jax, the Giants or the Colts. Of course, we're probably worse, but not by that much. Manning would have to pick his poison.

On 9/18/2024 at 11:11 AM, Jon Snow said:

Andy Dalton.

Yeah - I agree.

I was not very fond of his mediocre performance when he was at New Orleans.

that being said, he does come across as being very stable.  The other choices may be very risky because you will not know how their performance will be.

1 minute ago, Green-Ghost said:

Yeah - I agree.

I was not very fond of his mediocre performance when he was at New Orleans.

that being said, he does come across as being very stable.  The other choices may be very risky because you will not know how their performance will be.

I am a little bit, surprised that the Panthers do not have a third string quarterback.

37 minutes ago, Xtreme said:

Yeah, I can see that happening, but my only thing is, whoever he goes to, it's going to be a bad team. Not a whole lot of difference between us and say Denver, Jax, the Giants or the Colts. Of course, we're probably worse, but not by that much. Manning would have to pick his poison.

Back when Eli was in the draft, the reason they dodged the Chargers was because of Ryan Leaf.  Archie Manning did not believe that the Chargers as an organization did enough to support Leaf, and that he had almost no shot of succeeding there.  It's hard to imagine that they would feel any better about David Tepper post Bryce Young.