• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

At this point would anyone care the Panthers pulled a Baltimore Colts?

Panthers Fan 69

Just now, rayzor said:

none of this matters because it does no good.

nothing is going to change except y'alls blood pressure is just going to keep going up. it's just blind rage that will go no where and accomplish nothing.

It does me good to see people actually loose it like this. It validates my theory that society has infact gone mad and I'm the only sane person in the world.

• Pie 2

Bourbon Bob Irsay loved to micromanage the Colts, he didn't have Tep's money though and had a bad relationship with the city his team played in. the whole story on how he got the Colts in the first place is kind of interesting, but too long to post here

Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) for Baltimore, the NFL was still reeling from dealing with Al Davis and didn't do much of anything to stop the Colts from relocating.

15 minutes ago, Camp Fodder said:

Yes all the transplant fans of other teams would care cause they couldn’t see their team locally anymore 

This.  This is why I believe it's for the best if the team just left.  A few years ago, i was terrified at the prospect of losing this team. But now, I don't think they'll ever be successful here.

2 hours ago, Candler Cat said:

Bourbon Bob Irsay loved to micromanage the Colts, he didn't have Tep's money though and had a bad relationship with the city his team played in. the whole story on how he got the Colts in the first place is kind of interesting, but too long to post here

Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) for Baltimore, the NFL was still reeling from dealing with Al Davis and didn't do much of anything to stop the Colts from relocating.

Traded franchises with Carroll Rosenbloom. Unique transaction. Easy to google don't have to tell it here. 

5 hours ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Is it time to just move and start over? Tepper clearly isn’t going anywhere, even with national media now saying the NFL should get involved and get Tepper to sell.  

Just stop watching. 

All this does is give Tepper a new stadium.

Edited by csx

You guys are nuts for supporting this idea like it couldn't get worse.  When the Hornets moved we got saddled with a franchise that was much worse than the original Hornets.  Even though George Shinn was a cheap scumbag, we always had competitive teams.  At least as competitive as you could be in the East during the 90's Bulls reign.  It's taken 2 decades to even begin to claw their way out of that.

The Browns franchise that replaced the Ravens was a complete joke as well.  Not sure what you guys are getting at here.  Even in the Baltimore case, it took 12 years to get a new team.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

modell moved the colts because baltimore threatened to imminent domain the team

it'd be kinda hard for charlotte to claim "undue financial hardship" for losing an empty stadium 8 times a year. 

Bob Irsay owned the Colts, not Modell

the threat to seize the team had no teeth to it, but the news was enough to set off Irsay, who had been openly flirting with other cities, there was an infamous trip to JAX into a stadium full of fans plied with free hotdogs and beer

On 9/18/2024 at 10:50 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

No, honestly I wouldn't care if Tepper packed his poo up and left. Honestly, it would almost be a relief.

But you'd care about the billions of tax dollars that would surely be spent to get back into the club. We all know that's what will happen. It happened over 20 years ago with the Hornets and the "non-binding referendum", it happened in Houston after the Oilers left, and while Seattle has an arena ready, they still haven't replaced the Sonics. 

And given his history, we know that Tepper would threaten to demolish BofA on his way out too...probably replace it with free parking lot to stick it to the city as well.