• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

At this point would anyone care the Panthers pulled a Baltimore Colts?

Panthers Fan 69

On 9/18/2024 at 11:10 AM, Jon Snow said:

It does me good to see people actually loose it like this. It validates my theory that society has infact gone mad and I'm the only sane person in the world.

That sounds terrible. Everyone is crazy, except me? And I'm aware of it? Sounds like something a crazy person might come up with.  😉

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, BrisbanePanther said:

But you'd care about the billions of tax dollars that would surely be spent to get back into the club. We all know that's what will happen. It happened over 20 years ago with the Hornets and the "non-binding referendum", it happened in Houston after the Oilers left, and while Seattle has an arena ready, they still haven't replaced the Sonics. 

And given his history, we know that Tepper would threaten to demolish BofA on his way out too...probably replace it with free parking lot to stick it to the city as well.

Given the massive handouts to pro sports teams it would probably be a net positive if he took the team and left.

On 9/18/2024 at 12:03 PM, mrcompletely11 said:

I mean for fugs sake the fans in his own stadium are chanting "Sell the team" and will continue to do so at every home game.  Thats frigging embarrassing and I dont care if you are worth 100 billion your pride and ego has to shrink up when that happens

I’m sure pride shrinking may happen initially but then it simply vanishes and leaves no trace of having been there  

Dave Chappelle Im Rich Bitch GIF

Tepper is the sort of person who would eat a couple billion dollars just to say fug you to his critics.  Look at the multi million dollar house  he bought and demolished just to piss a guy off.  The team is going no where and neither is it's fat bald owner.

The only person in ( from ) the Carolinas with enough money to buy the team ( other than Navarro...and that ship has sailed) is Jim Goodnight. He's a billionaire but not a crazy rich billionaire like Tepper. Plus he's in his early 80s and has no desire to be in the  "club".