• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper plan is working

CamWhoaaCam

11 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

Yep, Darnold has done this everywhere for the first 3 or 4 games.  

55 minutes ago, Khaki Lackey said:

Everyone needs to pump the brakes on the Darnold talk. He was 2-0 in Carolina once. Remember that? It was the last time we had any optimism around here.

I cannot understand how this is even a thing! You notice he didn't say Baker, because that would be giving credit to Canales who revamped his career. Secondly, I had friends who were texting me that they enjoyed us with Darnold when we were 2-0 and I was like he literally isn't being asked to do anything! The second he was, we got our brains bashed in by Dallas. He also couldn't make anything happen in the Tampa game that would've sent us to the playoffs! Also had a friend trying to convince me it was different this time because he hadn't played QB that long and was a linebacker in highschool up until his sophomore year. I was like well that is the Jets fault for playing him day one, but standing and chucking it up to a wide open Justin Jefferson does not make a QB elite. They are hiding him just like Rhule did through a few games and how WIlks tried to do to finish the season.

Lastly, @CamWhoaaCam stop regurgitating the narrative that the organization ruins QBs. That is a lazy narrative that doesn't take into account that there were different coaches, coordinators, and personnel with both of those QBs. Baker got a new coordinator in Canales last year then and now gets to throw to Goodwin plus Evans with a good o-line as well as a better defense! Darnold the same with a new coordinator and gets to throw to Justin Jefferson maybe the best WR in football. All those factors come into play, but Bryce has had time to throw and open WRs the last two weeks and just couldn't get it done. Bryce is the problem being fixed now and with other positions being able to be evaluated properly with competent QB play, other issues can be addressed going forward. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Did you ever stop to think that it's entirely possible David Tepper needs to stop being involved in personnel matters and Bryce Young was simply never built (physically or mentally) to be a starting NFL QB because he was a draft prospect created by smoke and mirrors and media hype?

It's not that difficult don't overthink it.

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

lol you sure do get worked up

Nope this is just me.

I'm not afraid to go against the grain. We all can keep blaming the QB's, but the problem is Tepper.

Mike Greenberg said if best "Carolina is the place QB's go to die"

We trashed Baker and Darnold, they now have seen success after the Panthers. No doubt in my mind Bryce will do the same.

So if you want to make me the villain so be it. I will take the hate if it brings out the truth.

6 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Nope this is just me.

I'm not afraid to go against the grain. We all can keep blaming the QB's, but the problem is Tepper.

Mike Greenberg said if best "Carolina is the place QB's go to die"

We trashed Baker and Darnold, they now have seen success after the Panthers. No doubt in my mind Bryce will do the same.

So if you want to make me the villain so be it. I will take the hate if it brings out the truth.

lol no one is making you out to be a villain. 

if baker and darnold were successful other places before here, you might be on to something. they sucked before they came here. they sucked while they were here. they just needed to bounce a while. sammy was still really young. 

yes, the situation sucked here for all of them...but they didn't do anything to help either. now they find themselves in better situations as more mature versions of themselves.

tepper is A problem, but he's not THE problem. 

but even if he is the problem....what do you expect is going to happen? he's not going anywhere.

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

lol no one is making you out to be a villain. 

if baker and darnold were successful other places before here, you might be on to something. they sucked before they came here. they sucked while they were here. they just needed to bounce a while. sammy was still really young. 

yes, the situation sucked here for all of them...but they didn't do anything to help either. now they find themselves in better situations as more mature versions of themselves.

tepper is A problem, but he's not THE problem. 

So what exactly is the problem with this team?

One guy makes all the decisions. He hires the GM the GM makes the moves. If those moves don't work out it all comes back to the guy who hired the GM.

The culture sucks. Say what you want about Mr. Richardson, but you would never question our culture in the locker room or on the field. This team was a vibe under Mr. Richardson. His only failure was Jimmy Clausen and that didn't last very long because he took our future and only franchise MVP in history in Cam Newton.

Tepper is blinding some of you. I keep hearing excuses. I just want change and it all starts with the man making the decisions.

11 minutes ago, FugginPoo said:

If Darnold plays the whole season well we should target him and spend draft capital building the smash mouth football team Morgan wants.  Darnold can game manage that

Sure, let's give the guy that we gave up a 2nd round pick plus for and failed a 40 + million dollar a year contract based upon one year that he finally puts it together in a low pressure situation playing in a QB friendly system. What could go wrong?

Edited by X-Clown

2 minutes ago, scpanther22 said:

Tepper is the one taking the blame in the national media tbh...The Bryce hate is mostly coming from the fans lol

That's my point.

Everyone outside can see the issue is Tepper. Why are we continuing to blame these QB's. The problem is bigger than the QB. We have a losing culture. This has become the norm under Tepper.

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

So what exactly is the problem with this team?

One guy makes all the decisions. He hires the GM the GM makes the moves. If those moves don't work out it all comes back to the guy who hired the GM.

The culture sucks. Say what you want about Mr. Richardson, but you would never question our culture in the locker room or on the field. This team was a vibe under Mr. Richardson. His only failure was Jimmy Clausen and that didn't last very long because he took our future and only franchise MVP in history in Cam Newton.

Tepper is blinding some of you. I keep hearing excuses. I just want change and it all starts with the man making the decisions.

there's nothing that can be done. not sure what you expect or hope to accomplish with all this tepper hate. it's basically just shouting at cliff face right in front of you angry because it's there. 

in the words of fox, it is what it is. 

yes, tepper has fugged up....a lot. just don't know what good it is or how it helps yelling about something that isn't going to change. 

what would he need to do to change things around (other than sell the team)?

4 minutes ago, rayzor said:

there's nothing that can be done. not sure what you expect or hope to accomplish with all this tepper hate. it's basically just shouting at cliff face right in front of you angry because it's there. 

in the words of fox, it is what it is. 

yes, tepper has fugged up....a lot. just don't know what good it is or how it helps yelling about something that isn't going to change. 

what would he need to do to change things around (other than sell the team)?

That's the goal. Maybe everyone can pile on the guy and force him out. We got the Nat'l media doing their part. Now we have to get the locals and the fanbase to make this known. Please Panthers fans stop showing up to these games. That will get his attention. 

Edited by CamWhoaaCam

12 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

That's the goal. Maybe everyone can pile on the guy and force him out. We got the Nat'l media doing their part. Now we have to get the locals and the fanbase to make this known. Please Panthers fans stop showing up to these games. That will get his attention. 

How is it possible to be this clueless? 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1