• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper plan is working

CamWhoaaCam

If Bryce was a real number 1 pick he wouldn't need to be "surrounded" by all this talent he was supposedly missing. 

Nearly every rookie last year and so far this year looks better than Bryce ever has at the Pro level. Bryce will not improve, he is a weak QB and won't be in the NFL in a few years. 

People like to blame it on how many coaches he has had but I'd like to flip that around. How many coordinators/coaches is it going to take for a No. 1 overall pick to show even mediocre success?

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Nope this is just me.

I'm not afraid to go against the grain. We all can keep blaming the QB's, but the problem is Tepper.

Mike Greenberg said if best "Carolina is the place QB's go to die"

We trashed Baker and Darnold, they now have seen success after the Panthers. No doubt in my mind Bryce will do the same.

So if you want to make me the villain so be it. I will take the hate if it brings out the truth.

Been saying it since the after his first season as owner...hes bad, really bad. But players have to be accountable too.... but only to their skill level....get better players.

Yeah, Our biggest problem is in the owners booth, David Tepper took this from a somewhat successfull and respectable young franchise to the most Disfunctional clownshow in the history of professional sports 

Still though, both Baker and Sam showed signs of being a competent NFL starter,Sam almost got us to the playoffs,  Bryce has shown nothing 

I don't forsee him being successful in the NFL for any team 

Edited by Day1PanthersFan

5 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Bryce Young is the scapegoat for his mistake. I see the fanbase blaming Bryce, but nobody is blaming the actual problem David Tepper. 

This franchise is just toxic and the people he has hired is making this a bad environment for QB's. Just look at Darnold and Baker the success they are having since leaving the Panthers. There is no doubt in my mind Bryce will improve the moment he leaves this franchise.

Instead of everyone piling on Bryce, we need to get back to reality and realize Tepper is and has always been the problem.

Enjoy your days folks, I'm just a guy who knows the real problem and it ain't Bryce. 

Uh, the problem is absolutely Young. After that, it’s the horrific trading and drafting by our Seattle folks. Tepper has overarching blame because he hired the GM/coaches.

Darnold has a better team around him, as does Mayfield. Both of those teams have way more talent.

The other note is that I’d much rather have to stick with Tepper as owner than Young as QB. Young will never, ever be a playoff QB. Tepper may one day hire the right coach and GM.

• Beer 2

3 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

So what exactly is the problem with this team?

One guy makes all the decisions. He hires the GM the GM makes the moves. If those moves don't work out it all comes back to the guy who hired the GM.

The culture sucks. Say what you want about Mr. Richardson, but you would never question our culture in the locker room or on the field. This team was a vibe under Mr. Richardson. His only failure was Jimmy Clausen and that didn't last very long because he took our future and only franchise MVP in history in Cam Newton.

Tepper is blinding some of you. I keep hearing excuses. I just want change and it all starts with the man making the decisions.

Tepper is blinding none of us lol. We all know he is the worst owner at the moment.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Nope this is just me.

I'm not afraid to go against the grain. We all can keep blaming the QB's, but the problem is Tepper.

Mike Greenberg said if best "Carolina is the place QB's go to die"

We trashed Baker and Darnold, they now have seen success after the Panthers. No doubt in my mind Bryce will do the same.

So if you want to make me the villain so be it. I will take the hate if it brings out the truth.

Blaming the Panthers for trashing QBs that their original teams gave up on. I guess it is semantics to some degree; we didn't ruin we failed to reclaim. Made it hard on the guys they brought in with all the musical chairs of coaches and quarterbacks going on every year. 

You can't get players playing fast when they are thinking about their new assignments, either. Every year. 

Edited by strato

54 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Uh, the problem is absolutely Young. After that, it’s the horrific trading and drafting by our Seattle folks. Tepper has overarching blame because he hired the GM/coaches.

Darnold has a better team around him, as does Mayfield. Both of those teams have way more talent.

The other note is that I’d much rather have to stick with Tepper as owner than Young as QB. Young will never, ever be a playoff QB. Tepper may one day hire the right coach and GM.

Agree. Tepper doesn't have physical limitations and may be learning. 

Wouldn't the Young debacle make You want to settle down and think a little harder about how you are approaching things?

When I fug up large, it is a pretty rude awakening and gets my attention. If it is true that Canales and Morgan wanted to do this and he gave his approval or didn't weigh in, told them if that's what they think then okay, we might be seeing progress. 

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, FugginPoo said:

If Darnold plays the whole season well we should target him and spend draft capital building the smash mouth football team Morgan wants.  Darnold can game manage that

If Darnold balls the whole season we won't be able to afford him.  Darnold's physical gifts have never been in question, it's all about what's between his ears.  If Kevin O'Connell manages to sort that out, Darnold is a franchise QB.

And it's terrifying that it might happen.  Don't forget Darnold spent a year in San Francisco with Shanahan as well.  He's got some great coaching the last couple years.

8 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Bryce Young is the scapegoat for his mistake. I see the fanbase blaming Bryce, but nobody is blaming the actual problem David Tepper. 

This franchise is just toxic and the people he has hired is making this a bad environment for QB's. Just look at Darnold and Baker the success they are having since leaving the Panthers. There is no doubt in my mind Bryce will improve the moment he leaves this franchise.

Instead of everyone piling on Bryce, we need to get back to reality and realize Tepper is and has always been the problem.

Enjoy your days folks, I'm just a guy who knows the real problem and it ain't Bryce. 

Not sure why your getting so much poo for this....

Bryce is just one of Teppers many mistakes, he isn't the problem but he is a LARGE part of it and it all lays like a steaming pile of sh*t on Teppers lap.

The thing is you can't fire an owner unless someone gets some Richardon esque blackmail on him.

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, PantherChris said:

Not sure why your getting so much poo for this....

Bryce is just one of Teppers many mistakes, he isn't the problem but he is a LARGE part of it and it all lays like a steaming pile of sh*t on Teppers lap.

The thing is you can't fire an owner unless someone gets some Richardon esque blackmail on him.

I'm the most hated on the sub. The poo emojis mean nothing. I will always speak the truth.

Nobody is defending Bryce he was terrible. But the bigger issue imo has always been Tepper. That's all I'm saying.

• Flames 1