• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dan Morgan

*FreeFua*

4 hours ago, Basbear said:

He needs more time. Look at this- he claimed 6 players at cut day(only three remain), that tells you hes not happy with the roster. 

His FA class is playing well enough - hunt, lewis, and robinson with some misses

Hes made around 4 trades-

id take the 2nd 5th carolina package over paying BB

barrent for a starting well playing #2 CB mike jackson

rams 2025 2nd and 2024 2nd for panthers later 2nd pick.

Djohnson and 7th for djack and 6th

I'd say all of those favor the panthers currently. 

Draft class is too young to judge, even if I said he didnt land a starter on the weakest roster.

This team plain sucks, there is no strength besides one player in dbrown. You cannot suddenly fix that in just one off-season. Until the cobrett injury he had fixed the OL. He tried to add weapons in brooks, sanders, johnson, and XL. He added players that fix everos D. He sure did try if you go by one off-season. Results, sure any team that traded prime picks and top 20 WR for BY will still suck. 

Even if he hits on many decisions it will take nearly 3 full seasons to get to average team levels. 

Needing talent and not drafting for guys who are not projects is an issue. It's been an issue and remains an issue. Wallace looked promising yesterday in a big role but the rest is not what the team desperately needed so far.  

Johnson and Jackson were positives for sure. Splurging on OGs with Corbett at C with a now also injured URFA and BC behind him are a negatives IMO. Now I think damn near the entire oline is injured in some way? Sanders stinks and he was one of his guys last year. The XL trade was a negative and there were just flat out better guys available. Robinson was also just the lowest graded guy on D, with Sly playing well inside. The only hope lies in the guys who started the year injured that are coming back. 

I get it was a huge task to turn around what's been going on here and what he was handed before last year when he was AGM but it's not all rosy. I wasn't a fan of his promotion but I hoped he would prove me wrong. There are plenty of red flags even if he has had some green ones too. 

12 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Michael Lombardi on his GM Podcast said Morgan got the job because Nicole Tepper likes him and vouched for him 

If Nicole Tepper gets her way, the Panthers will be the worst billionaires social club in the league. No sign of football championship, but great dinner conversation at every fundraising table for the next city project the Teppers will can.

• Beer 2

6 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I looked at the 1st through 3rd round WR's. There were 16 taken overall, three have missed all games due to injury. Of the remaining 13, XL is ranked 10th in PFF ratings of the group(90th in the NFL overall). He is the second lowest rated(non-injured) 1st round WR behind Rome Odunze(95th rated in the NFL overall). Five receivers taken in the 2nd or 3rd round are higher rated PFF players.

So he is basically playing like a 3rd round pick.

Did those other qbs have two games with Bryce?

panthers have had two games with not just competent qb play but with an nfl caliber scheme. Like come the fug on.