• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dan Morgan

*FreeFua*

17 hours ago, strato said:

That was the most infuriating part of these national people's narrative.

They didn't help him? Good lord that is all they tried to do. And they did. 

Defense has to go to bed hungry every night because he got all the good stuff. 

Last year he was thrown in to a bad situation.  This entire offseason revolved around making things better for Bryce.   Oline free agents, wr, te, rb in the draft.  A coach who has known to be positive and good at working with coaches and making a system that revolves around the few hypothetical strengths Bryce has.  This entire offseason was built around holding his hand.  After all that, he was literally much worse.  That's a wrap.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

17 hours ago, CRA said:

Before he played his 17th game....

3 HCs (current a first timer), 2 OCs (both first timers), 2 completely new offensive schemes,  a combo of OL that might break a calculator trying to figure out the number of unique lineups. 

Neither of the 2 HCs let him rep preseason games going into either season.  Current brand new O playing to his weaknesses....that features new WRs to learn, OL to trust, etc. 

Saying but we paid for 2 guards and added new WRs....doesn't change the blender they put him through. 

The pass folks give this org is crazy.  Yes, Bryce Young is not a NFL QB.  It was a mistake to draft him.  I'm glad he is benched.  But I can say all that....and still acknowledge what a joke this org was doing all they did.  They drafted Bryce Young (which was a mistake) but then they handled that as badly as one could imagine.  

You can't live in the past.  Things change, you can't judge this year based on last year.  Young clearly can't handle the size and speed of the NFL.  None of his strengths in the college game convert to the NFL game.  The media wants to constantly talk about previous years because they were awful and it's easy content for them when they have to have content 24/7.  As fans it does no good to crucify the present for mistakes in the past.  It does absolutely no good.  Bryce was never going to be a really good qb no matter what the situation was.  I could see some very niche situations with the exact right personnel and scheme where he might could be average to below average but never good, so all the rest about the past is moot now.  We have a new coaching staff and team this year.  Stop living on past mistakes.  

• Pie 3

3 hours ago, Mage said:

#1 when did Dan Morgan claim this?  What WR1s were available for us to acquire and that would have wanted to come here?  We traded Donte Jackson and a 6th round pick for him.  He's worth that for sure.

#2 I agree Diontae isn't a #1, but he's been getting open, Bryce just hasn't hit him.  We already know what Diontae is capable of doing.

When they literally told Diontae he was the X the day he arrived. Canales scheme is WR1 dependant. I said a few times during the offseason how Evans bailed him out. We don’t have that guy. Canales called 3 plays for Diontae down in the red zone. 1 against Buffalo and 2 against New Orleans. All 3 ended horribly. 

Dan then drafted a super raw WR in a very deep WR class. Mitchell and Burton both have been playing well and both bring a speed element we are so badly lacking 

Dan proved he doesn’t have a very good understanding of the talent we have on this roster and seems to be even more clueless when it comes to understanding our cap space situation 

• Beer 3

3 hours ago, Tr3ach said:

You can't live in the past.  Things change, you can't judge this year based on last year.  Young clearly can't handle the size and speed of the NFL.  None of his strengths in the college game convert to the NFL game.  The media wants to constantly talk about previous years because they were awful and it's easy content for them when they have to have content 24/7.  As fans it does no good to crucify the present for mistakes in the past.  It does absolutely no good.  Bryce was never going to be a really good qb no matter what the situation was.  I could see some very niche situations with the exact right personnel and scheme where he might could be average to below average but never good, so all the rest about the past is moot now.  We have a new coaching staff and team this year.  Stop living on past mistakes.  

That's not living in the past lol.  It literally is just a description of how the Panthers created textbook plan for failure. 

again, 2 things can be true.  Young not having the tools to be a successful NFL starting QB.....doesn't somehow erase the fact the Panthers rewrote the book on how to ruin a QB.   

as fans, it does no good every single season....to make excuses and dump everyone's wrongs on just one human (who is in fact part of the wrong).  I detailed in other threads how this fanbase keeps repeating that narrative which just helps Tepper run his clown. 

Good moves that involved Morgan: 

Corbett to C

RG, LG

While you criticized the Johnson (WR) move, we had limited opportunity to get a good WR--the trade was brilliant.

The draft--most teams find 2 or 3 keepers in the draft.  3 is rare, 2 is more common. 

KEY TRADES

• The Mike Jackson (CB) and the Johnson (WR) trades were great moves.  Jackson cost the Panthers their 2024 7th rounder, a Lb who was not going to make the team; Johnson and a seventh rounder were acquired for a sixth round pick.

Now, lets look at the Burns trade--one that many hated.  Here is what we lost:

OLB Brian Burns and his $30m price tag

Here is what we got for the difference between Burns and Clowney:

• Jonathan Brooks (RB) best RB in the draft (pick 39, 2nd round)
  • C. Smith-Wade (CB) made roster as CB depth (pick 157, 5th round)
  • Robert Hunt (RG) $20m annual salary (average)
  • Jadavion Clowney (Edge) $10m annual salary (average)

Without a first rounder, it looks as though we nailed the draft.  XL has demonstrated he can play when the ball is thrown to him.  Brooks?  We will see, but the best RB in the draft in round 2?  Value.  A stud LB in Wallace and a solid upgrade TE in Sanders.  Without a first rounder, we found 4 players who should be regulars by next year.  Our seventh rounder became a veteran starting CB.  The difference between Clowney and Burns became 2 stud OGs.  That allowed Corbett to move to center. 

While it is to early to know if all these moves pan out, I think the moves were brilliant.  He started with a draft that featured a second, third, fourth, and seventh rounder. After the Burns trade, we had 2 seconds, a third, fourth, fifth....

This offseason will define Morgan.  Stay tuned.

• Pie 4

2 hours ago, CRA said:

That's not living in the past lol.  It literally is just a description of how the Panthers created textbook plan for failure. 

again, 2 things can be true.  Young not having the tools to be a successful NFL starting QB.....doesn't somehow erase the fact the Panthers rewrote the book on how to ruin a QB.   

as fans, it does no good every single season....to make excuses and dump everyone's wrongs on just one human (who is in fact part of the wrong).  I detailed in other threads how this fanbase keeps repeating that narrative which just helps Tepper run his clown. 

As fans literally nothing we do does any good though?  Do you think the Panthers care that we are mad on a panthers forum?  I get that tepper is a boogeyman and has made mistakes in the past.  Guess what?  He's going to be the owner of the team for a while at least.  He could improve, he might not.  Honestly he's approached this offseason and season so far a lot differently.  He clearly wants to win.  I  am always going to be a Panthers fan.  I've been just as negative about this team as anyone over the years, but I refuse to be absolutely miserable every season and for every season in the future about things going on behind the scenes that we honestly have no idea on.  Especially not in regards to now or the future.

2 hours ago, CRA said:

Also my comment was directed in a lot of ways at the national media.  How many of these talking heads do you think have any inside information about the Panthers behind the scenes?  How many of them do you think have watched a single Panthers game from start to finish in the past couple years.  I can guarantee you the answer is a lot close to 0% than 10%.  Fans can fan however they want to, if you want to decide we are doomed for the next 10 years then that's your prerogative, but I refuse to listen to these talking heads who know nothing at all about the Panthers blow hot air to try to get a sound bite.  It's like how you can talk crap about your brother, but if someone else does then there is going to be a problem.  That's how I feel about these people who have no idea what they're talking about, they're just piling on for content.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

When they literally told Diontae he was the X the day he arrived. Canales scheme is WR1 dependant. I said a few times during the offseason how Evans bailed him out. We don’t have that guy. Canales called 3 plays for Diontae down in the red zone. 1 against Buffalo and 2 against New Orleans. All 3 ended horribly. 

Dan then drafted a super raw WR in a very deep WR class. Mitchell and Burton both have been playing well and both bring a speed element we are so badly lacking 

Dan proved he doesn’t have a very good understanding of the talent we have on this roster and seems to be even more clueless when it comes to understanding our cap space situation 

How are Mitchell and Burton playing well but Legette hasn't?  They're at 32, 47, and 35 yards respectively and none have scored.  And Legette has had by far the worst QB play of the three.  If he's already on par with them and you acknowledge he's "super raw", then that seems like a pretty good start to his career to me?

• Beer 1