• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dan Morgan

*FreeFua*

31 minutes ago, Basbear said:

My biggest complaint against Morgan is this.

Ok, this is clearly the worst roster in the NFL. Some say its the worst in 10 years since hue jackass and the 1-31 bungals run.

You had 7 draft picks, one in rounds, most at the start said round.......... NOT one of them can even start on this pathetic roster??

You drafted TWO LBs after giving a 30 millionish deal to LB.......then you trade one of them since its looking like hes not a LB.

just wasted the biggest resource to improve this team, the best hope is 2025 for that group..... 

Legette is a starter.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Joe Bear said:

Legette is a starter.

I do see he has 60 snaps, maybe he is a starter. Honestly dont much care about the label of starting, but I didnt know he had that many snaps. I may need to adjust my statement, hmm. 

Just now, Basbear said:

I do see he has 60 snaps, maybe he is a starter. Honestly dont much care about the label of starting, but I didnt know he had that many snaps. I may need to adjust my statement, hmm. 

I don't recall if it was Week 1 or 2, but they showed the starting lineup on screen and Legette was listed.

7 minutes ago, Joe Bear said:

I don't recall if it was Week 1 or 2, but they showed the starting lineup on screen and Legette was listed.

Yep, but that could have only been for one play. Mingo has 63, reviewing XL has 55(not 60). 

AT has 86

DJ has 84

Hes for sure in the rotation and 55 snaps is high number for rookie WR. 

20 hours ago, DeSim said:

He’ll get some much praise from me if they’re able to trade Bryce for anything more than a 6th round pick. 

I don’t think it will be that hard to get a third or 4th.  With all the defending of Bryce out there and he wasn’t properly developed there are teams willing to throw a late round pick for the chance to make him a solid backup at least.  

14 hours ago, Joe Bear said:

Legette is a starter.

He is 4th in snaps and getting about half the offensive snaps.  Which is pretty good for the rookie.  I still think Thielen sort of screws up the opportunity share.  I'm not a Mingo guy but I would hate for XL to only eat into his.  Want both them repping a lot. 

On 9/18/2024 at 8:58 AM, *FreeFua* said:

His solution to the WR problem: trade for a WR2 and claim he’s a WR1

#1 when did Dan Morgan claim this?  What WR1s were available for us to acquire and that would have wanted to come here?  We traded Donte Jackson and a 6th round pick for him.  He's worth that for sure.

#2 I agree Diontae isn't a #1, but he's been getting open, Bryce just hasn't hit him.  We already know what Diontae is capable of doing.

• Pie 1

Labels. What number one was there on 2015? 

Everyone I saw was touting Diontae saying he runs great routes and gets separation. Which, lacking that was the main criticism of the home grown guys. 

Sticking him at the top bumps the other guys down, thereby raising the floor.

I don't know about everyone else but I am giving Dalton a couple of games and then let's assess. And moving forward, I don't want to over do it but these guys running the offense were WR guys coming up and they wanted XL, so let's see how that goes.

• Pie 1

I'm just glad DM waited on Diontae's contract. I'm still not convinced he is worth what he is asking for. Everyone has been getting open because the Ds have known where it's not going. They have also been covered when they knew where it was going. Really not sure what to expect with competent QB play. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I'm just glad DM waited on Diontae's contract. I'm still not convinced he is worth what he is asking for. Everyone has been getting open because the Ds have known where it's not going. They have also been covered when they knew where it was going. Really not sure what to expect with competent QB play. 

Yeah, that’s gotten blurred.  For example seeing Theilen deep and open….

Opponents are just flat out giving Bryce stuff on downs.   The ball wasn’t going there.  And then on other downs they could setup and bait the 3rd and long to be short.  They happily give that up too. 

I still think Dalton could have a good debut.  New is just an advantage.  But that’s short lived  

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Yeah, that’s gotten blurred.  For example seeing Theilen deep and open….

Opponents are just flat out giving Bryce stuff on downs.   The ball wasn’t going there.  And then on other downs they could setup and bait the 3rd and long to be short.  They happily give that up too. 

I still think Dalton could have a good debut.  New is just an advantage.  But that’s short lived  

It's so hard to evaluate anything but ST in the first 2 games IMO. All I want to see is guys getting a decent chance to prove themselves. 

Just now, Waldo said:

It's so hard to evaluate anything but ST in the first 2 games IMO. All I want to see is guys getting a decent chance to prove themselves. 

I mean, I do think our D is trash.  Yeah, the offense isn't helping them but it's not like they are wearing down due to no offense.  They are getting their teeth kicked in from the jump. 

if I'm the Raiders I think I still overplay the short stuff.  Force Dalton deep.  But actually defend it.  XL/Mingo/Saunders aren't the best route guys yet.  I personally think we are seeing a lot of wrong routes.  If not, the play design isn't helping on a lot of routes.  Lot of bodies end up in the same space when the ball is coming.   AT can't separate downfield and even DJ is more known for his mid level route running. 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, I do think our D is trash.  Yeah, the offense isn't helping them but it's not like they are wearing down due to no offense.  They are getting their teeth kicked in from the jump. 

if I'm the Raiders I think I still overplay the short stuff.  Force Dalton deep.  But actually defend it.  XL/Mingo/Saunders aren't the best route guys yet.  I personally think we are seeing a lot of wrong routes.  If not, the play design isn't helping on a lot of routes.  Lot of bodies end up in the same space when the ball is coming.   AT can't separate downfield and even DJ is more known for his mid level route running. 

I don't think the D is good but how bad is it really? The first game was obviously bad but how can they recover when the O is crapping the bed constantly? The second game they showed some issues and some improvements. 

I agree on the Raiders approach. I can't tell much from the O side because it was so bottlenecked around crap QB play. There might be a few surprises for us all. The one big positive from Dalton is he will speak up and know what he is looking at. 

• Pie 1